Zurich Educational Fund | ExpatWoman.com

Zurich Educational Fund

Latest post on 21 April 2016 - 10:44
I remember when these "educational plans" first "came out" long ago. They seemed like a good idea and the stock markets were going up - however, a lot of them lost money and even closed. Sadly there does not seem to be any easy way to save for children's education. Ask the FA if the deposits you make are insured against losses as you are not willing to make any.
Latest post on 20 April 2016 - 07:42
I also wouldn't recommend this plan or Zurich. Read the small print….. I think you are better to talk to an independent Financial Advisor who can offer you a variety of savings plans for 10 year or 15 year term which would fit in with your education timescales. There are a lot of different products in the market from many companies. Some have flexibility enabling you to switch between funds to improve performance e.g. move from China stocks to UK FTSE etc. Many savings plans allow you to decide how much risk you want to take and how you want to split how your savings are invested. Others guarantee a minimum % and guaranteed capital etc When I dealt with Zurich a few years ago I felt they really pushed that Vista plan. Consultant was also not really addressing my concerns and queries properly just trying to sell. However, when I took the proposal away to discuss with my IFA, I found it to be quite rigid, didn't meet my needs and I was paying for cover etc I didn't need. It may suit some people but I think there are many other options…. I would have a look around if I were you….
Latest post on 19 April 2016 - 22:35
We took a Zurich Education plan out for our kids when they were little. My eldest is almost ready for uni and we have lost so much. Wouldn't touch any of their products ever.
Latest post on 19 April 2016 - 15:40
Hi everyone! We want to start an educational plan for our son. I'm particularly interested in a Vista plan.I want to know if anyone has an experience getting it from a broker or from one of the banks here in Dubai? How was your experience?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY