OCCAISIONWEAR/ EVENING WEAR IN QATAR FOR WOMEN | ExpatWoman.com

OCCAISIONWEAR/ EVENING WEAR IN QATAR FOR WOMEN

Latest post on 24 April 2016 - 01:59

Hello,

I'm 35 and moving to Qatar this year and was I have no idea what I should wear for parties and formal events in the evening, could you help me by answering these questions?
1. Separates or one piece and what length?
2. What colours do people tend to wear for occasions?
3. Any favourite brands for women in Qatar of my age?

I'm also concerned that its much hotter in Qatar than in the Uk so wondered what fabrics the locals would wear?

Thank you your help is much appreciated! :)

Latest post on 24 April 2016 - 07:40
Hi, We arrived from the UK 3 days ago. I bought a lot of light long loose fitting clothing in the UK before leaving. You can wear what you like but you need to cover your shoulders and knees. It's hot and it's going to get hotter, keep that in mind when choosing the material of your clothing. I bought long flowing dresses of many colours and 3/4 length pants, lots of dressy sandals. It's fairly casual here as the weather dictates that. Wear what you want but respect their cultural dress restrictions. The shops here are amazing so you have a great choice. I bought pure cotton and silk, because in hot weather synthetic materials sweat and are unpleasant. You will love it here, it's very modern but very relaxed. You will love the shopping. It's a very exciting place to live. Ultra modern but relaxed. Hope that helps. Enjoy your stay. :sun: