Compound recommendation in the Madinat Khalifa area. | ExpatWoman.com

Compound recommendation in the Madinat Khalifa area.

Latest post on 26 April 2016 - 16:23

My kids are starting in Compass Madinat Khalifa in Sept and I need to start looking for a place to live from July/August. Can anyone recommend a good family compound thats near this school? I've been to Doha a couple of times and am familiar with area around the Villagio but not here and I've been advised to get somewhere close to where the kids go to school.........given that I've seen the traffic.....its a bit of a no brainer! Thanks in advance!

Latest post on 02 August 2016 - 10:06
Beverly Hills Al rayyan . Think it would be 10- 15 minutes away . Hi note sure if you are still looking. My son was going to Compass Gharffa which is equidistant to Compass MK. We live in Beverly Hills Al Rayyan now and are looking for someone to take over our lease to move closer to ASD. If you haven't moved yet. Would you be interested? DC_Diva,
Latest post on 24 May 2016 - 15:36
That area is a dump, good luck
Latest post on 21 May 2016 - 14:46
i would suggest the thummama area,very peaceful,a guy called siby helped us to get a place here,you can contact him on 30576410
Latest post on 16 May 2016 - 16:21
Huge thanks for your replies, info on the traffic and school bus etc.....Its given me a better idea of where to concentrate my search on. xx
Latest post on 05 May 2016 - 10:40
Beverly Hills Al rayyan . Think it would be 10- 15 minutes away .
Latest post on 01 May 2016 - 18:33
Al Jazi villages 2 has some vacancies: 20-24,000 QAR. Call: Stephanie 44833706 (no agent, Al Jazi employee)
Latest post on 29 April 2016 - 18:48
Hello, afraid I can't directly answer your question either but if you were curious about the school itself I can say that it is quite a good school as my brother goes there. Staff are pretty friendly and any problems we have had have been resolved pretty quickly. My brother is in year 10 and has been to the school since he first started high school so he has been there for a while now and he seems to like it. We actually live a fair distance away, from Madinat Khalifa but the school has a bus service to take my brother to school everyday. The bus service is pretty good, they collect him from outside our house and take him to the school and they have a bus monitor and everything from what I've heard, so its pretty safe. My brother also had a driver who could take him to extra revision sessions and he was a pretty good driver so there are ways of getting back and forth if you live further away. Traffic is a bit mental over here but anything can be worked around out here with the right mindset and with a bit of information from people. Hopefully you can find a place close by but if not be sure to ask around and I'm sure people will be able to guide you along the way. Best of Luck! :biggrin:
Latest post on 29 April 2016 - 08:22
My reply won't answer your question but I thought I would share my experience. My daughter got a place at Doha College al waab, but the accommodation we found was in West Bay. Travel wasn't as bad as I expected, we just make sure we leave at a certain time and found most of the traffic was coming into the West Bay rather then leaving. I have friends that are closer to al waab and their commute can be trying at times. Am not familiar with exactly where Compass is, but Madinat Khalifa is close to West Bay so you can broaden your search.