Online Education Degrees | ExpatWoman.com

Online Education Degrees

Latest post on 30 April 2016 - 10:12

Hi. I would like to know if anyone has found an accredited and (somewhat) affordable online university that I can complete a B.Ed with? Thanks!

Latest post on 03 May 2016 - 17:33
Yes, online education degrees are accepted here but not all of them. You need to go to the website of the Ministry of Higher Education to find out which institutes are recognized. Thank you! Will do so!
Latest post on 03 May 2016 - 17:33
There are quite a few but be careful... there are countries now (just recently) that no longer accept distance education degrees... even done partially online and even from very reputable brick and mortar institutions! I know Qatar has this rule now for teachers seeking employment. This rule "may" also apply to the UAE . I would double check locally before spending the money. I am only assuming this might be for teaching as you seek an Education degree but am not certain about this rule for other professions. Good luck. Thank you. I will research this and look into some other options.
Latest post on 03 May 2016 - 17:29
I have done research on is for my son. Open university in Aust. It is thru Curtin Uni in W A. As long as you can do prac at an English speaking school that approve of. Thank you, Basil. Will look into that.
Latest post on 03 May 2016 - 17:29
If you plan to teach in the UAE then in my experience from last year - on line degrees are not acceptable by the KHDA- can you believe they don't recognise Open University degrees - this was the case last year, so I would check before embarking on your studies Thank you! I was actual studying through UNISA and is wasnt an issue here really as I had to complete practicals and my exams were written in Dubai but I now need to change universities due to some financial problems.
Latest post on 03 May 2016 - 17:27
Even if they are recognised, and i don't think any are, you would need two years of experience to be hired as a teacher. It might be better to work as a teaching aide while you're doing it to get some kind of experience under your belt. But certainly it is something you need to look at carefully and talk to the KHDA and if possible the Visa people too! Thank you for the advice. I have actually been teaching in Dubai for 1 year now on s teacher Visa and have taught in America too but don't have my bachelor degree as yet.. I do understand there is a huge debate on whether online degrees are accepted or not although most teaching degrees require a practical to be done and rent out lecture rooms in dubai universities to write exams, etc... That helps on many occasions than
Latest post on 03 May 2016 - 13:33
Yes, online education degrees are accepted here but not all of them. You need to go to the website of the Ministry of Higher Education to find out which institutes are recognized.
Latest post on 02 May 2016 - 22:23
There are quite a few but be careful... there are countries now (just recently) that no longer accept distance education degrees... even done partially online and even from very reputable brick and mortar institutions! I know Qatar has this rule now for teachers seeking employment. This rule "may" also apply to the UAE . I would double check locally before spending the money. I am only assuming this might be for teaching as you seek an Education degree but am not certain about this rule for other professions. Good luck.
Latest post on 02 May 2016 - 08:04
Even if they are recognised, and i don't think any are, you would need two years of experience to be hired as a teacher. It might be better to work as a teaching aide while you're doing it to get some kind of experience under your belt. But certainly it is something you need to look at carefully and talk to the KHDA and if possible the Visa people too!
Latest post on 01 May 2016 - 13:32
If you plan to teach in the UAE then in my experience from last year - on line degrees are not acceptable by the KHDA- can you believe they don't recognise Open University degrees - this was the case last year, so I would check before embarking on your studies Yes - you must be sure that the qualification you get is recognized.
Latest post on 01 May 2016 - 07:26
I have done research on is for my son. Open university in Aust. It is thru Curtin Uni in W A. As long as you can do prac at an English speaking school that approve of.
Latest post on 30 April 2016 - 18:58
If you plan to teach in the UAE then in my experience from last year - on line degrees are not acceptable by the KHDA- can you believe they don't recognise Open University degrees - this was the case last year, so I would check before embarking on your studies

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY