Holiday in the Maldives in August - yes? no? | ExpatWoman.com

Holiday in the Maldives in August - yes? no?

Latest post on 01 May 2016 - 14:43

I know this is monsoon season in the Maldives but would like to hear from anyone who has actually been to the Maldives in August.
If it rains is it all day or thunderstorms later in the day? Can you still have a nice holiday at this time of year? Will be travelling with 3 children (8,11,13) so don't want to spend a week inside if it's raining all day,everyday!

Latest post on 01 May 2016 - 20:07
I've been to the Maldives twice in August and wouldn't hesitate to go again at that time of the year. I've also been in April which is classed as high season and seen the same amount of rain. The showers don't usually last long and it's certainly not cold so we found children still went in the pool plus many places have games rooms or some alternative entertainment if it's raining.
Latest post on 01 May 2016 - 17:24
Thank you Bubble trubble for your reply. We have been to the Maldives before but in February and without children. Anyone else?
Latest post on 01 May 2016 - 15:17
Been to Maldives during August my bday month. It does rain but its not torrential down pour ...it comes intermittently and its fabulous weather actually. If the weather get a bit to balmy there is quick shower and out comes sun. Just a warning, the sun is really harsh and strong....even my indian skin got sunburnt after 20 min of snorkelling!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY