School choice help? | ExpatWoman.com

School choice help?

Latest post on 03 May 2016 - 13:48
Unless you work for Emirates - and even if you do - you will be lucky to get a spot at JESS. Having said that, many many schools are opening in September so you might get lucky. Gems Wellington is good and you'd probably be fine with either. The difference is merely location because they are a good 30-45 minutes away from each other. If you are willing to put down a debenture - 25k refundable - I'd also suggest Jebel Ali which is opening a new campus close to Arabian Ranches. It is opening a year 7 for the first time and I'm sure you'd get a place.
Latest post on 03 May 2016 - 13:14
Thanks. I'll try again - I only found quite old posts and was wondering about recent opinions. I'm quite new to the whole forum thing - bear with me!!!!
Latest post on 03 May 2016 - 11:34
Hi, we are relocating from Scotland after the summer. I have a 9 and 11 year old. Looking at the English system (different to Scotland) I think they will be going into year 5 and year 7 (September birthdays) from p5 and p7 in Scotland (very confusing). Can anyone confirm this and have opinion about swapping from Scottish to English curriculum? Secondly the three schools I have shortlisted (for various reasons) are: GEMS Wellington International GEMS Wellington silicon oasis JESS Arabian Ranches. Again, any opinions?? Thanks in anticipation, I am sure many of the Mums will come along and offer some advice If you use the search post above and put the names of the schools in it will bring back some threads on this I have friends whose kids are at JESS and they are very happy there . I believe JESS is the only non profit school out of your list and it isn't the easiest for them to get into a the waiting lists can be very long
Latest post on 03 May 2016 - 11:29
Hi, we are relocating from Scotland after the summer. I have a 9 and 11 year old. Looking at the English system (different to Scotland) I think they will be going into year 5 and year 7 (September birthdays) from p5 and p7 in Scotland (very confusing). Can anyone confirm this and have opinion about swapping from Scottish to English curriculum? Secondly the three schools I have shortlisted (for various reasons) are: GEMS Wellington International GEMS Wellington silicon oasis JESS Arabian Ranches. Again, any opinions?? Thanks in anticipation,

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY