LIving in Marina/working in Deira (Abu Hail) | ExpatWoman.com

LIving in Marina/working in Deira (Abu Hail)

Latest post on 04 May 2016 - 14:27

Hi ladies,
I was looking for a flat to rent and loved very much the Marina, but my husband would have to drive to Deira (Abu Hail) every day... Is that a long trip? can you suggest options? TIA!

Latest post on 14 May 2016 - 20:37
Lots of people do similar commutes in Dubai, but it's quite draining, especially as there are some crazy people on the roads and the traffic in the Marina isn't always thar smooth. I agree with the other poster that Downtown could be a better option, it's also a very nice area.
Latest post on 13 May 2016 - 14:29
Marina consists of a bunch of one ways and constant standstill roads. Just getting out of Marina in the morning would be the biggest headache. There is always construction or renovations going on in that area. Not worth it. I would choose Downtown or Business Bay area instead. Central enough for your hubby to reach work in a few minutes(10-18 minutes).
Latest post on 04 May 2016 - 15:14
Wow! Any option ? I understand traffic is a mess in here... The standard of driving doesn't help. That is what causes most of the traffic jams The closer you live to your place of work the better!
Latest post on 04 May 2016 - 14:29
Wow! Any option ? I understand traffic is a mess in here...
Latest post on 04 May 2016 - 14:27
Hi ladies, I was looking for a flat to rent and loved very much the Marina, but my husband would have to drive to Deira (Abu Hail) every day... Is that a long trip? can you suggest options? TIA! 45 mins to an hour depending on the traffic I prefer Downtown to the Marina ( Unless it is the sea that you are after)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY