Procedure of getting married in UAE- muslims | ExpatWoman.com

Procedure of getting married in UAE- muslims

Latest post on 04 May 2016 - 17:34

Dear All,

I have been doing a lot of research on this. Any experienced people out there who can guide me?

Fiance (resident in UAE) and myself are both muslims and we want to get married in Dubai (he's unable to visit me here in the UK).

Dubai courts have given us a photocopied sheet documenting the requirements, but these are very vague. I will be much grateful if we have someone here who has gone through the entire process and will be happy to guide us.

Many thanks y'all!

Best wishes xx

Latest post on 05 May 2016 - 20:05
Hi there, congratulations! What you need to prepare exactly is dependent on your individual circumstances. Are you marrying a GCC national? Have you been Muslim since birth? Once you are serious about planning, I would send your fiancé to the Marriage Section of Dubai Courts. He can then explain to them your situation and if he is persistent, someone will help him with all the details. He will need to be specific about asking if you need permission from your Embassy/Consulate or your father etc in your circumstances. When you go to get married, you don't need an appointment. You will need to bring your passports and two male witnesses. If you are on a visit visa they may ask for proof that your husband can sponsor you (salary certificate from his company) Before you leave the UK you may need to get a letter of permission from your father if he will not attend as one of your two make Muslim witnesses. You will need to attest this at the UAE Embassy in London. To be on the safe side, include a copy of your fathers passport and refer to it in the letter. If you became Muslim after birth, you will need proof of your ongoing studies in Islam. Once you arrive here you will need a medical fitness certificate that you can get at some of the government medical testing facilities (for instance the one in Safa) for both you and your husband. It sounds like a long process, but it is actually really simple once you have the papers in order and the Dubai Courts process is done in a jiffy.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY