Question about salary offer | ExpatWoman.com

Question about salary offer

Latest post on 19 September 2016 - 23:28
Hi, how are you both getting on, are you settling in okay? I'm coming over on 30th September and would love to meet up if you are free. X
Latest post on 24 July 2016 - 19:37
Hi wander I still in Scotland but things have been shipped and are on their way to Dubai (north of Spain... According to the tracking!). So far the process has been very smooth and I hope things will continue this way. We used a company called Anglo Pacific. Good luck
Latest post on 23 July 2016 - 13:59
Hi Rosa I hope you have arrived and are settling in. I am still looking around and getting quotes. It seems like you got a good deal on your shipping. Are you able to tell me who the company you used are? Also has all your items arrived safe and sound. Thanks
Latest post on 07 July 2016 - 01:23
Sorry to hijack the thread. Sharlene, we are also moving from Scotland in a couple of weeks. We used a company based in London but with an office in Glasgow and sent a few things a couple of weeks ago. The biggest items were seats for the children, high chairs, telly, computer and everything else were boxes (19!) and we paid around £1k(including insurance). Good luck to both!
Latest post on 07 July 2016 - 00:36
Hi Sharlene No problem. We haven't moved yet, we will be moving in September so I will be able to give you more of an idea then. I have had several quotes for shipping ranging from £1600-£2000, but it depends on how much you are planning to take so shop around. Have you contacted anyone for quotes yet? x
Latest post on 06 July 2016 - 00:49
Hi, sorry to intrude in your conversation but we are looking to move as my husband has been offered a job with similar money and I was wondering how you are finding things? (I know it's only been a few weeks) We are moving from Scotland and I wonder if you are also able to tell me a rough relocation cost if we decide to ship over some belongings too. Thank you very much. X
Latest post on 16 May 2016 - 23:33
Thank you. It's difficult when you are in England and you have no idea of the cost of living! Looks like I will be coming out early September, hopefully it will be a bit cooler then!
Latest post on 16 May 2016 - 10:18
Then you'll do just fine and can probably save quite a bit too :) Good Luck :)
Latest post on 11 May 2016 - 21:06
yes it is just the two of us and our cat! We both get yearly tickets home and medical insurance. Thank you
Latest post on 09 May 2016 - 10:12
Should be more than ok if its only for 2 people . Im assuming you get tickets home and both of you will be medically insured ?
Latest post on 08 May 2016 - 15:16
Thank you for your response. That is really useful to know. I am hoping my partner will be able to find a job and then we may be able to save a little more!
Latest post on 06 May 2016 - 01:28
Yes. It is enough. Not a lot, but enough. Your allowance can easily get a one bedroom flat for 11,000/mth...even in the nicer areas. Your monthly basic salary is more than enough to pay the bills and eat out more than twice a week. You can even buy a decent car with that transport allowance as well. You won't save much, but it is doable. I know people with kids that lived on less (granted they had tuition covered as well.) Welcome!
Latest post on 05 May 2016 - 22:16
Hi Everyone I have got a job at Hamad and I have been offered a package but not sure whether it would be enough to live and save on. I will be moving with my husband who will not have a job. So I am wondering whether the salary is enough for us both to live comfortably on and save until he finds a job. We only tend to eat out at weekends. The basic salary is 20,227 Housing 11,000 (or they will put me up somewhere and I can forgo the housing allowance) Transport 2,000 I have looked at the cost of living online, but there is lots of conflicting information. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks