Urgent help needed! | ExpatWoman.com

Urgent help needed!

Latest post on 06 May 2016 - 17:39

Good afternoon ladies! If you remember on 28th March a large fire has hit few towers in Ajman. It was a nightmare for over 300 families whos apartments burned. Many families ended up on streets without any help. Hotels in Ajman and nearest states immediately raised their tariffs and were full. Many had no other choice then sleep in the car or wait outside. Maria, a single mom from RAK, has taken into her home several families with small children, as well as pets that were rescued from the towers. She also provided help to many more by collecting and distributing emergency kits as they were left with nothing due to their belongings being burned. She let families stay with her until they had a place of their own. Right now Maria needs help herself, her electricity bill arrived for 11400 and was cut as she couldn't pay it. She is a single mom and unemployed at the moment. It's 42 decrease outside and impossible to stay without electricity and water. Let's help Maria in return, we can help her pay the bill directly at etisalat machine or via online banking for FEWA payment. (not DEWA)
Any donation will help!

Latest post on 10 May 2016 - 08:59
We've removed the FEWA number as per our forum rules and the laws of the land, public requests for monetary donations are prohibited unless under a licensed charity or organisation via the government. Thank you for your understanding.
Latest post on 09 May 2016 - 21:40
Sorry but it's illegal to ask for money here, even if it's for charity.. I'm sure it was very kind of her to put all these people up but surely they wouldn't have expected to stay with her for free... undetected water leak get bills as big as that and more... I've known people in villas who've had undetected water leaks that haven't had bills that high...is she sure it's correct ? Bill for water is only around 300, the rest electricity!
Latest post on 09 May 2016 - 21:25
Sorry but it's illegal to ask for money here, even if it's for charity.. I'm sure it was very kind of her to put all these people up but surely they wouldn't have expected to stay with her for free... undetected water leak get bills as big as that and more... I've known people in villas who've had undetected water leaks that haven't had bills that high...is she sure it's correct ?
Latest post on 09 May 2016 - 21:25
Emirati ladies can go to the Monitstry of Social Affairs - so she can probably seek help (I am reading that she is national as you say she is from RAK and has a chld here s a single mum but unemployed - my apologies if I am wrong). She is expat but living in RAK. We have contacted many charity organizations when the accident happened but they are only for nationals, therefore we are left to ourselves here.
Latest post on 09 May 2016 - 21:19
I'm a little confused by this as families were put up in hotels or given alternative flats by Ajman government and are getting compensation for their losses - as reportedly in virtually all the news papers. No, lots of families and tenants were left on streets. No compensation was given as long as I know. Many families were left with nothing and there was a cause on fb for first aid items collection. I believe because many apartments were owned and owners were outside the country and did not want to take responsibility. Families that don't have financial aid and relatives here had no place to go to.
Latest post on 09 May 2016 - 21:00
11,400 dhs for a month, it's so much, couldn't the done ople living with her pay a share each, I understand that they lost their belongings, but they would still be going to work and get paid a salary they can't expect a single lady to pay everything for them. If someone wants to contribute to the bill, I guess you can see who the account belongs to and the outstanding balance. Can you pay that at Dewa or is it online? No one can expect leaving in the morning to work knowing that in the evening everything will be gone. Families that were at home when fire started managed to grab their documents and some valuable items, others didn't. The most help was offered to families with young families and new born babies. The first 3 weeks was a chaos for volunteers and there was a huge cause set up on fb, thanks to Elena. We purchased and collected clothes, bathroom items, medications, baby items, supplements, sleeping items and many more. Many had no place to stay in and obviously not everyone will let strangers in, even tho most of the villas have guest rooms. Maria was the only one of few to provide shelter to families in need. If anyone wishes to help Maria, contribution to the bill can be done through your online banking or FEWA machines in the malls. If you are paying via machine you get a print out with all the information of the account and it's holder. At the moment the bill is a little over 9000.
Latest post on 07 May 2016 - 13:09
Really good thinking and kind a good step........carry on all
Latest post on 07 May 2016 - 08:15
I'm a little confused by this as families were put up in hotels or given alternative flats by Ajman government and are getting compensation for their losses - as reportedly in virtually all the news papers.
Latest post on 07 May 2016 - 08:06
11,400 dhs for a month, it's so much, couldn't the people living with her pay a share each, I understand that they lost their belongings, but they would still be going to work and get paid a salary they can't expect a single lady to pay everything for them. If someone wants to contribute to the bill, I guess you can see who the account belongs to and the outstanding balance. Can you pay that at Dewa or is it online?
Latest post on 06 May 2016 - 19:54
Apparently because many people were living and using much more electricity. Probably A/c and washing machine as they consume the most. I heard tariffs are also much higher in RAK than in Dubai but believe such cost could only be affected by number of people living.
Latest post on 06 May 2016 - 18:15
Why is her bill so high?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY