Dubai newborn vacinations as per UK NHS | ExpatWoman.com

Dubai newborn vacinations as per UK NHS

Latest post on 09 May 2016 - 11:21

Hey everyone

I have just moved back to Dubai having given birth in the UK a month ago. The LO is one month and 5 days old. We have his Red book which the NHS give you.

My question is, what vaccinations and injections do I need to give him here and when? We travel to and from the UK regularly.

The midwifes and health care visitor also help as technically im a tax payer as I only come to see hubby every few weeks or months and back and fro. Secondly they friendly and offer all help when possible.

Here in Dubai as per NHS point of view - what experience can you recommend and when?

Thanks! soo many posts and tips but I want a latest reply esp re the red book!

Latest post on 20 May 2016 - 20:04
Do yourself and your baby a favour and once you got the residency apply for the government health card for yourself then you can have your baby's done... Babies up to the age of 2 years are given free vaccines in government hospitals, then you can match the UK health check with any private doctor with the rest of the vaccines that not covered by the governmental hospital... HTH
Latest post on 09 May 2016 - 15:49
Firstly congratulations on the birth of your baby! This link may be of help with regards to Dubai requirements: https://www.dha.gov.ae/Documents/HRD/Immunization%20Guidelines.pdf Page 17 of the document has the vaccination schedule. I was in your situation wherein I had the first set of newborn vaccinations in the UK and then moved out here. I remember on my first visit back to the UK I showed my health visitor the Dubai vaccination schedule and they said that children out here get given more vaccinations than the UK (such as rota virus and chicken pox). This document shows the minimum Dubai Health Authority recommendations, but if you go to one of the private clinics I think they even recommend a couple of vaccinations above the DHA requirements. Given that you travel back and forth, do you and your baby have UAE residencies? If so, then you can apply for a DHA health card and get the vaccinations done for free at the public health clinics. Otherwise, the only way to get vaccinations here is to go private and those are costly, in which case I would recommend doing the vaccinations that are the same as the UK ones when you are back there.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY