WSO vs DESC | ExpatWoman.com

WSO vs DESC

Latest post on 11 May 2016 - 14:35

Hi all,
Need ur advice pls.
I have a daughter in WSO, year 6, and actually she is happy with the school, friends and sports. However, i am not satisfied with the quality of education provided (have to get personal tutor to help her out) as the school is not addressing each child specific level appropriately; this is in addition to some other comments i have on school organization and multiple changes in their decisions and systems we are using for studying.

She may be offered a place at DESC. I heard they offer high quality education though i know the facilities are much less than WSO. But are the children happy there in DESC? shall she has the chance to flourish and be significant there? Is it a tough school?

I am confused and don't know what to decide.

Latest post on 22 May 2016 - 13:24
If your son/daughter is bright he/she will do great and flourish at DESC. If he/she has "special" needs best keep him/her at WSO. I am not sure, if you mean proper special needs or struggling in school, as I had a friend with a child with real special needs, sending their child to DESC and they couldn't really had been happier.
Latest post on 22 May 2016 - 13:19
My son is in WSO in year 12 he arrived only last year from Europe and did not speak much English, the school help them great deal now he is speaking almost fluent English and is one of the best in his year. I think WSO is great school and each time we had a problem we went to speak with them and they were always there to help the best they could. Perhaps you should just talk to the right people. In any case children adapt very quickly so surely your daughter will be happy anywhere she will go Good luck
Latest post on 14 May 2016 - 13:01
Hi, I have two girls at Desc for the last two years and their achievements have increased significantly there. I couldn't be more pleased.
Latest post on 13 May 2016 - 14:24
If your son/daughter is bright he/she will do great and flourish at DESC. If he/she has "special" needs best keep him/her at WSO.
Latest post on 12 May 2016 - 17:54
Just to give you perspective, we moved DS from DESC to WSO in year 9, as DESC could not support his low level needs - he's now graduating from year 13 WSO with a very bright future
Latest post on 11 May 2016 - 21:44
DESC is fantastic
Latest post on 11 May 2016 - 19:58
DESC is a great schools.facilities are good. Education is good..majority of kids flourish there.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY