Do I have to leave the country? | ExpatWoman.com

Do I have to leave the country?

Latest post on 15 May 2016 - 12:32

Hi,

I arrived in Doha on March 22nd and extended my visitor visa at the Immigration office at Hamad Hospital (after 30 days) until May 21st.

Does anyone know if I can extend for a further 30 days? I was told no and then I could go to the Immigration office at the Airport and get it renewed again.

Any insight would be much appreciated. Would love an idea before booking flights.

Jaki

Latest post on 18 May 2016 - 17:49
No bother at all! Glad I helped. Enjoy your very quick trip to Dubai, and good luck with exams ?
Latest post on 18 May 2016 - 15:06
Hi yorkgirl68? Thank you for responding and decided to fly to Dubai. I am literally flying straight back though as I have exams coming up and need to keep my head down and study! A weekend away is a must very soon. Thanks again, Jaki
Latest post on 15 May 2016 - 21:46
Hi Jaki, When you are here on a tourist visa you can only extend by 1 month, then you have to leave the country. I usually pop over to Dubai, either for a weekend with hubby, or for the day, and go shopping/lunch with friends. I have also been to Bahrain, which is closer, that was for a weekend. Mostly I have timed my 'visa runs' in conjunction with visits back to the UK. Work out what suits you best, a day trip or make it a weekend trip somewhere, and enjoy. Sandra.