What to do and where to shop in LA and California | ExpatWoman.com

What to do and where to shop in LA and California

Latest post on 16 May 2016 - 20:55

Ladies,

We are celebrating our 10 years wedding anniversary in August and planning to go to LA and California. Any idea what to do and where to shop please? Last time we went to NY, I didn't get chance to do much because we have friends came with us as well, so don't want to repeat the same story :biggrin:

TIA

Latest post on 21 May 2016 - 17:58
hi! I am a local to all things LA and Orange County... what are your interests and ill do mybest to lead the way!
Latest post on 17 May 2016 - 15:14
Since you are there for your wedding anniversary, do a side trip to Las Vegas for a long weekend. You can either drive or fly. Lots of good shows, exhibitions, you can take a romantic helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon and watch the sunset there with a glass of bubbly, and it seems most celebrity chefs have a restaurant in Vegas nowadays. Loads to do in Vegas for non-gamblers, and the sales tax is lower in Nevada so cheaper shopping, plus they have good outlet malls. We avoided it for a long time as we thought it was cheesy and too partyish for us. We braved it once, and realized how fun and vibrant it was with a great mix of things to do even for us non-party and non-gambling people.
Latest post on 17 May 2016 - 11:11
Like Pinkdiamondz, I would also recommend visiting The Grove in West Hollywood. It's a great place for shopping, eating. Lovely atmosphere!
Latest post on 16 May 2016 - 21:14
Hi, I hope your going to be there for 5 days at least. The Grove is a great place with the market behind to spend a afternoon. Santa Monica, Santa Barbara both for a lunch and walk on the board walks, Beverly hills..beverly hills hotel for a tea perhaps? I dont know where you are staying. If you want to do Disneyland you can never be too old for Mickey Mouse! The New orleans section and smallw orld are lovely in Disney along with the parade, it will make yiu feel like newly weds! hollywood street is just a strip not too much to see but the Hard Rock and some stars. Shopping- it depends what your looking for,, Irvine has great malls and great Iranian food restaurants. Of course bring your phone for the google map you will need it! It's all driving to get anywhere and taxis are few n far between. Uber may be of use if you dont want to rent a car. Get a international driving license at wafi for whom ever may drive there. Its just a booklet that says your able to drive in such and such country it takes 10 minutes. When you arrive get some pamphlets they are everywhere and you will have no spare days. Lucky you and enjoy. I get to spend 2 months in San Diego :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY