My DS is turning 13 this July...any ideas for a fabulous birthday? | ExpatWoman.com

My DS is turning 13 this July...any ideas for a fabulous birthday?

Latest post on 23 May 2016 - 23:26
Hi, I highly recommend splash n party at Safa, it is so much fun for the kids, and you can book a party at 4pm once it is not TOO hot and sunny. www.splashnparty.ae
Latest post on 23 May 2016 - 11:56
Take him and a group of friends to IFly Dubai at Mirdiff City Centre. They will all love it! Kidzania is really much better for younger kids. my son is 13 on Saturday and there's no way he'd want to go to Kidzania. I did a group at Ifly Dubai - got drinks and ice cream delivered for after the experience - they all loved it. they have a side room and i just took in some balloons and got Cold Stone Creamery (i think it was them or one of the other big ice cream companies) to deliver ice creams. Make sure you get an awesome birthday cake from Jenn at Frosted!
Latest post on 18 May 2016 - 10:07
Not good anywhere, any conditions, anytime for human entertainment... But I bet you have a pet? Dogs and cats aren't meant to be kept in houses either away from other animals of their own species. Not to start an argument, but the internet is filled with sanctimonious accidental hypocrites.
Latest post on 18 May 2016 - 10:05
If my post goes just a small way to speaking up on behalf of these beautiful creatures in cruel captivity purely for human entertainment then so be it...
Latest post on 18 May 2016 - 09:25
you can check out kidzania in Dubai mall. second option is the water theme parks that would have promotions for during Eid as well.you can check the cobone or groupon website for the deals. or you could have a anice get together in one of the parks or restaurants like chillies or ihop whr they would also have the bday suprise with a cake cutting etc. this could be followed with a trip to Ski Dubai. Check if you could get entertainer voucher from anyone. Thank you smile16. Did not know kidzania admitted older kids. have to definitely check that out. Never been to SkiDubai... so thats an idea too... Thanks mums
Latest post on 18 May 2016 - 09:23
Wild Wadi or Aquaventure or even Club Rush at Atlantis. Thank you Silvstet....What a whole lot of choices now to choose from!!!
Latest post on 18 May 2016 - 09:21
You could plan a whole day and evening of activities for him. Early morning take him and his friends to a water park, leave just before lunchtime and take them somewhere you have organized a lunch (at home or at a restaurant, too hot to do a park at the moment), do the birthday cake. This is the bit, where the adults join in. After lunch take all the children to the cinema, then back home for video games competitions (choose the games beforehand and have a board for the scoring, prizes, have drinks and snacks available) and a sleep over. If you have the energy, set up his room so it is like a camping sleepover (lots of ideas on pinterest). Or else do the water park the whole day followed by the video games competition, dinner plus cake and the sleep over, skipping the movie, and doing movie night at home with popcorn instead. It would all depend on what he is into really. Like keepitsimple, I would personally not do the dolphin experience, but if it is your thing, see if there are any groupon or entertainer deals, and take him on his own the next day once all the sleep over buddies have left, so you are only paying that bit for the immediate family. Hope this is useful. Thank you suzy...appreciate the whole day idea. Will definitely look into it...though not sure how many of his friends would be here as most of them would be going home for the summer hols.
Latest post on 18 May 2016 - 09:19
HorizonMum2 I'm saddened you're encouraging swimming with the dolphins at Atlantis, sorry I had to say it :( Dear KIS, HM2 was just answering my very particular question...not every post needs a reply. If dolphins are there to provide comfort to children and parents like me are unaware of it, forums like these do help.
Latest post on 18 May 2016 - 09:15
if he loves Dolphins then the experience at Dolphin Bay at Atlantis would be well worth the money... they will have good offers during summer (as it's not the most favourable time of the year climate wise) for the hotel stay as well so why not have your family friends etc book yourselves in for a staycation at the hotel... this would also give you the Aquaventure passes... i would avoid the Eid weekend though coz prices will be sky rocketing at that time Thankyou HM2 for the suggestion. My DS adores dolphins and would really enjoy spending some time with them. thanks also on the tip about the Eid weekend...didn't think about that...have to plan ahead then....
Latest post on 18 May 2016 - 08:45
you can check out kidzania in Dubai mall. second option is the water theme parks that would have promotions for during Eid as well.you can check the cobone or groupon website for the deals. or you could have a anice get together in one of the parks or restaurants like chillies or ihop whr they would also have the bday suprise with a cake cutting etc. this could be followed with a trip to Ski Dubai. Check if you could get entertainer voucher from anyone.
Latest post on 17 May 2016 - 16:03
Wild Wadi or Aquaventure or even Club Rush at Atlantis.
Latest post on 17 May 2016 - 15:46
You could plan a whole day and evening of activities for him. Early morning take him and his friends to a water park, leave just before lunchtime and take them somewhere you have organized a lunch (at home or at a restaurant, too hot to do a park at the moment), do the birthday cake. This is the bit, where the adults join in. After lunch take all the children to the cinema, then back home for video games competitions (choose the games beforehand and have a board for the scoring, prizes, have drinks and snacks available) and a sleep over. If you have the energy, set up his room so it is like a camping sleepover (lots of ideas on pinterest). Or else do the water park the whole day followed by the video games competition, dinner plus cake and the sleep over, skipping the movie, and doing movie night at home with popcorn instead. It would all depend on what he is into really. Like keepitsimple, I would personally not do the dolphin experience, but if it is your thing, see if there are any groupon or entertainer deals, and take him on his own the next day once all the sleep over buddies have left, so you are only paying that bit for the immediate family. Hope this is useful.
Latest post on 17 May 2016 - 12:10
Not good anywhere, any conditions, anytime for human entertainment...
Latest post on 17 May 2016 - 12:08
HorizonMum2 I'm saddened you're encouraging swimming with the dolphins at Atlantis, sorry I had to say it :( i understand the whole animals in captivity justification but i was just answering the OP's question... it is available there and to be honest i would suggest the Atlantis option as opposed to the cheaper option of Dubai Dolphinarium where those dolphins are in absolutely deplorable conditions...
Latest post on 17 May 2016 - 12:04
HorizonMum2 I'm saddened you're encouraging swimming with the dolphins at Atlantis, sorry I had to say it :(
Latest post on 17 May 2016 - 11:31
if he loves Dolphins then the experience at Dolphin Bay at Atlantis would be well worth the money... they will have good offers during summer (as it's not the most favourable time of the year climate wise) for the hotel stay as well so why not have your family friends etc book yourselves in for a staycation at the hotel... this would also give you the Aquaventure passes... i would avoid the Eid weekend though coz prices will be sky rocketing at that time
Latest post on 17 May 2016 - 10:34
bump
Latest post on 17 May 2016 - 08:21
Dear All Just want to celebrate his turning into a teenager with a small group of family and friends:music: We do not intend to travel mainly due to the heat but is open to water park adventures and such.He loves dolphins ,so was wondering if anyone knows of any offers or promotions that could see him spending a day with them. He has had quite a tough time last year with his grandpa passing away that we would like to make this a memorable one.All ideas and suggestions on places that take up a birthday celebration highly appreciated. Would also appreciate the contact number of a freelance photographer who does not charge much to capture the whole event. MB

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY