Change to visit visa rules | ExpatWoman.com

Change to visit visa rules

Latest post on 18 May 2016 - 17:26

Just thought I would share my recent (horrible) experience on exiting Dubai with you - I only have a 30 day visit visa at the moment so having entered Dubai on 1 April I had to leave on the 30th, or so I thought! Unfortunately I was caught out by a change in the rules and found out at the airport that I had overstayed, and it cost me a 1700 AED fine! Apparently now once you are issued with a 30 day visit visa it remains in place even if you leave the country and come back within the original 30 days. I originally came to Dubai on 6 March, but then left for a business trip with my husband for a few days and returned on 1 April which was still within the original 30 days. I was under the impression that if you left the country the visa was cancelled and a new one issued on return, but this is not the case. An expensive mistake on my part, and my experience at the airport was unpleasant to say the least.

Latest post on 19 October 2016 - 11:13
This is the most recent information that I can find on the new visa rules. We also know someone who received a big fine upon his exit. http://www.propartnergroup.com/category/blog/ Always check information. I've been going with go tours (visa run company). They counter the information this blog posted. You do not need to stay out for 24 hours. http://www.gotoursdubai.com I second the recommendation of Go Tours - I used them for my own visa run a couple of years ago and the whole journey was stress-free and smooth
Latest post on 19 October 2016 - 06:03
This is the most recent information that I can find on the new visa rules. We also know someone who received a big fine upon his exit. http://www.propartnergroup.com/category/blog/ Always check information. I've been going with go tours (visa run company). They counter the information this blog posted. You do not need to stay out for 24 hours. http://www.gotoursdubai.com
Latest post on 18 October 2016 - 12:59
This is the most recent information that I can find on the new visa rules. We also know someone who received a big fine upon his exit. http://www.propartnergroup.com/category/blog/
Latest post on 18 October 2016 - 12:35
Hi Does anyone know the cost of the extension and where to actually apply in Dubai for the extension? NZ passport holder and also my passport has been scanned on the last couple of times so no stamp as such in my passport. Obviously the have a record of the entry dates electronically. Any advise would be great! Thanks Jo As per my other post you go to immigration near the Trade Centre roundabout it used to cost AED500 Go early in the morning as it gets busy
Latest post on 18 October 2016 - 12:33
Hi Does anyone know the cost of the extension and where to actually apply in Dubai for the extension? NZ passport holder and also my passport has been scanned on the last couple of times so no stamp as such in my passport. Obviously the have a record of the entry dates electronically. Any advise would be great! Thanks Jo
Latest post on 25 May 2016 - 20:42
We went to the Al Jizi border in Al Ain on day 30.......got a new 30 day UAE visa, no problems at all Is this shorter and easier than an Oman run? Cost? Thanks!
Latest post on 25 May 2016 - 20:41
A friend in Dubai has recently had a memo from his HR department. Basically it says that holders of Schengen country passports get a multiple entry visa entitling them to spend a total of 90 days in any180 day period in-country. If the passport holder spends 90 days straight in-country they must leave and may not return for 90 days. Holders of UK (not part of Schengen agreement), USA and other countries passports who are able to get visa on arrival continue to get 30 day tourist visa on arrival which can be extended in-country by 30 days once only. The memo made no mention of 'visa run' regulations. To add to your post and the confusion. The "standard" 30 days visa for USA is not hard and fast. It says right on the UAE embassy website for Americans that they "can request longer than 30 day by asking the immigration officer" when they enter OR getting an extension after the fact. So this (in my opinion) obviously means that an American should be able to ask for more than 30 days when they enter! http://www.uae-embassy.org/services-resources/visas-passports/us-citizens
Latest post on 25 May 2016 - 15:08
A friend in Dubai has recently had a memo from his HR department. Basically it says that holders of Schengen country passports get a multiple entry visa entitling them to spend a total of 90 days in any180 day period in-country. If the passport holder spends 90 days straight in-country they must leave and may not return for 90 days. Holders of UK (not part of Schengen agreement), USA and other countries passports who are able to get visa on arrival continue to get 30 day tourist visa on arrival which can be extended in-country by 30 days once only. The memo made no mention of 'visa run' regulations.
Latest post on 25 May 2016 - 09:40
We went to the Al Jizi border in Al Ain on day 30.......got a new 30 day UAE visa, no problems at all
Latest post on 21 May 2016 - 16:18
Susie, I'm sorry you had this experience, I posted a few weeks ago after the same experience, its not nice at all. I too had exited and returned in the 30 day period and had as in the past assumed i was starting anther 30 days on entry. From what i have been able to pick up, even if your passport is stamped saying 30 days visa, if you are re entering UAE within the original 30 day period it is not another new visa. I hope no more people get caught.
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 12:49
You don't get fined for being between 30-40 days and there is no point going before day30- they won't renew the visa. As I said, my husband went on day 27 and they renewed the visa - so this isn't a hard and fast rule, at least at the Al Dara border crossing in RAK. And I know of a lady in RAK who was fined when going on day 33
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 12:26
You don't get fined for being between 30-40 days and there is no point going before day30- they won't renew the visa.
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 11:42
There seems to be no end of confusion about this......and also the land and air borders seem to be applying different rules. My hubby did a visa run from RAK last weekend (on day 27) and had no issues at all - passport was stamped as normal for another 30 days I have heard the 30 days grace was no longer available (and some have been fined), but also know of others in RAK who have done a visa run over the 30 days with no problems at all! Cant find any clear information anywhere online
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 11:21
If you do a visa run between day 30 and day 40, do you still get fined? Do you get a new visa? My parents have a 30 day tourist visa (UK passports) which is valid until 24 May, but they are staying until mid-June so we were just about to do a visa run (on day 28).....but now it seems that will be pointless
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 08:05
This has been mentioned a lot on FB, British Dubai Mums........you may be able to get a refund of the fine, lots of people gave. I think they had to go to the main immigration office. The good news is that the 10 day grace period is still valid. You just need to make sure you leave the country and return between 30-40 days of the stamp. It's been chaos recently.
Latest post on 18 May 2016 - 21:48
Yes, It is considered to be a "multiple entry visa" valid for 30 days. It does not start over every time you leave and re-enter. I believe it is the same in other places as well (like the 6 month leave-to-enter in the UK). Sorry this happened.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY