External maid's quarters (mobile) - What is the name please? | ExpatWoman.com

External maid's quarters (mobile) - What is the name please?

Latest post on 18 May 2016 - 21:58

Good evening,

Several years ago I came across a villa with what looked like a little trailer on the outside. It was for their maid I was told. It had a bathroom, kitchen, bedroom and hooked up to the villa. The man who described it to me said "these are common." It was nice as it gave both the family and the helper privacy. Well, I can't seem to find the name to search for one online to buy or rent. Would anyone know? On a side note, Do you know what communities might not allow such units? (Springs for example / corner unit). We are looking at homes and finding that it may be better to do it this way! Thank you in advance.

Latest post on 20 May 2016 - 18:49
Thank you all so much!! :) :)
Latest post on 20 May 2016 - 17:00
yes the proper name is portacabin, I've no idea about the cost, but it was a very good solution. we choose the smallest one with small room with window, small kitchen with window and bathroom and we had a bunk bed for 2 people; we fixed window a/c and it was very nice, because of the good material used (sandwich panels) ; and it can be made as per your required dimensions (small,medium,big...) http://www.tsscuae.com/category/485/Porta-Cabins.html
Latest post on 20 May 2016 - 08:55
Portacabin?
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 17:45
we got it few years back from TSSC they are in Sharjah or Dubai DIP we used it for houseboy & driver. little more expensive compared with other quotations but still perfect. very good quality, and they were happy... when we moved we gave for free at charity center ...I think is still used for their staff Hello, Thank you very much for the reply. I think this could be a great solution for those who wish to use their maid's quarters for other reasons (or wish to not have them in the home but don't want to pay for a live-out.) Also, using for a houseboy or driver is a great example. Can you offer the name of this product? I am not sure what to ask for so I can look online or Dubizzle?. I can check those places you mentioned as well. Can you advise of the estimated cost for something like this? Regards,
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 11:23
we got it few years back from TSSC they are in Sharjah or Dubai DIP we used it for houseboy & driver. little more expensive compared with other quotations but still perfect. very good quality, and they were happy... when we moved we gave for free at charity center ...I think is still used for their staff

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY