Help please- what credit card should I get? | ExpatWoman.com

Help please- what credit card should I get?

Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 08:03

Hi all,

Looking for some advice please- I've been living in Dubai for a couple of months now and I've heard lots of good things about credit cards here, but I'm not sure which bank to go with.

Who would you recommend? What are the best deals?

All advice very welcome.
Thank you
Alice

Latest post on 09 June 2016 - 15:22
Thanks Chrissy 23 Guess it's just my feet or I should wear flats for evenings instead! Maybe go for Clarks! :lol:
Latest post on 09 June 2016 - 10:13
Hi Chrissy23 This has nothing to do with credit cards but Jimmy Choos! Wondered if you ever had any problems with them. I did. The straps on the lower part of the ankle kept coming off every three or four steps I took. Spoke to Customer Service in London and had mine sent there for a look. It wasn't 100% but it definitely was a great deal better. I've had no problems with mine, they are the comfiest sandals I've ever had! I guess it depends on the style but mine are great.
Latest post on 08 June 2016 - 14:32
Hi Chrissy23 This has nothing to do with credit cards but Jimmy Choos! Wondered if you ever had any problems with them. I did. The straps on the lower part of the ankle kept coming off every three or four steps I took. Spoke to Customer Service in London and had mine sent there for a look. It wasn't 100% but it definitely was a great deal better.
Latest post on 08 June 2016 - 11:37
I have a credit card with Emirates NBD, I use it for everything and pay the full bill monthly just so I can build up the points. With the points I have manged to buy an iphone and some Jimmy Choo shoes so well worth having the card in my eyes!
Latest post on 07 June 2016 - 14:57
Thanks for all your comments and advice- really helpful x
Latest post on 20 May 2016 - 17:02
Do your best and do not get a credit card!!!!! Its going to be very hard to close the loan later as the payments keep increasing on monthly basis.
Latest post on 20 May 2016 - 03:28
I recommend the ADCB / Lulu card. We get into the Marhaba Business Lounge for free at the airport. Free food and free alcohol. Low rates and excellent bank. No annual fee.
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 23:03
I was thinking of getting one for rewards and paying it off every month. What are the consequences? I thought credit cards and loans were common out here. I had to get a loan for my rent, so i'm already in debt with that... Ours is linked to our account and it's paid off in full automatically, we don't pay any renewal fee or interest. We have it mainly for skywards points, we travelled several times & upgraded our flights using the points, it also offer discounts in some restaurants, and payment by installments with no interest for furniture & electronics in participating outlets. Ours is through Emirates Islamic bank, you can also check Emirates-NBD bank they have good offers on credit cards
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 11:12
I was thinking of getting one for rewards and paying it off every month. What are the consequences? I thought credit cards and loans were common out here. I had to get a loan for my rent, so i'm already in debt with that... You can go to prison if you miss payments If you do get one then pay it off each month
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 11:10
I was thinking of getting one for rewards and paying it off every month. What are the consequences? I thought credit cards and loans were common out here. I had to get a loan for my rent, so i'm already in debt with that...
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 11:04
Don't get a credit card. Get a debit card and live within your means. If you get in to debt here, there are very very serious consequences.
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 10:19
Also- why do they charge an annual fee? In the UK there isn't a fee, you just get charged interest... Thanks Alice We aren't in the UK therefore the banks here can charge the annual fees All bank cards are different I would suggest you shop around and do your research All cards are subject to terms and conditions so I cannot answer if it is "best to go with your bank"
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 10:15
Also- why do they charge an annual fee? In the UK there isn't a fee, you just get charged interest... Thanks Alice
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 10:14
Thanks, i'll check out that link. What about the best service? Is it easier to get one with my current account? Is there one you have that you would recommend? Thank you
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 09:36
Hi all, Looking for some advice please- I've been living in Dubai for a couple of months now and I've heard lots of good things about credit cards here, but I'm not sure which bank to go with. Who would you recommend? What are the best deals? All advice very welcome. Thank you Alice Do you want skywards miles if so many cards offer this now Rak bank are cheap when it comes to APR and for every amount you spend you get points which you can convert back to the card I would research which have no annual fee and the lowest interest rates as some are really high http://compareit4me.com/credit-cards/

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY