annual leave | ExpatWoman.com

annual leave

Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 12:36

My contract states that i am entitled of 30days paid annual leave against the whole term of the contract
What does this mean?
Need answers please....

Latest post on 25 May 2016 - 00:08
So this means that after one year I could go home for a leave and I don't have to finish my 2years contact before I could avail it It does state "ANNUAL leave" so in my opinion this means your leave should be offered each year. Otherwise the contract would state that you are offered one month leave PER CONTRACT which in your case is two years. It is a shame that you feel that can't ask your employer. This makes me sad.
Latest post on 21 May 2016 - 12:08
My contract is valid for two years do I have to finish the two years before I can have my leave
Latest post on 20 May 2016 - 15:55
My contract states that i am entitled of 30days paid annual leave against the whole term of the contract What does this mean? Need answers please.... What is period of your contract? Is it one year? is it 6 months? Is it 2 years? For maids sponsored by expats, generally standard contract CAN be 12 month. It is not same for Emarati sponsoring a maid. If you are sponsored by an agency/company, it is a third category and can be interpreted differently. In all cases, leave is taken on mutual agreement of both parties.
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 22:36
So this means that after one year I could go home for a leave and I don't have to finish my 2years contact before I could avail it
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 17:29
My contract states that i am entitled of 30days paid annual leave against the whole term of the contract What does this mean? Need answers please.... This is interesting and I would get clarification from the Department of Residency (DRND). 1) It could mean that you are only entitled to the 30 days leave per year if you complete the entire contract. In other words... If you were contracted for 2 years and got your 30 days leave in the first year but then left your employer during the second year before the end of the "whole term," they could recover that 30 days leave from your outstanding salary owed (or gratuity if paid) as it was only offered "against the whole term of the contract." or 2) It could mean that the 30 days leave is not included in the "whole term of the contract." In other words... if you are contracted for 2 years (24 months) and get 30 days leave per year... you cannot subtract those 30 days from the year you worked. It could mean that you must work for 12 months before you can get you annual leave. In this case you would be effectively committed to this employer for 26 months, including leave time. I encourage you to go to the Amer-Chat on the DRND website. They are able to answer. Once you have your answer, I suggest you also get it in writing if it seems confusing or you think your employer would not agree.
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 15:33
Yes I am a maid here in sarjah I like to know when I can avail my leave is it one year after or I have to finish me contract of 2 years[strike'>[/strike'>
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 13:25
As this is the maid's forum I guess it is the month's leave that domestic workers are entitled to as domestic workers do not work office hours/days. I think - but am not 100% sure - that it means that you have to have worked a full year before being legally entitled to the leave. However, often it will be negotiated with the sponsor to be taken at a time when it is mutually convenient You are right I didn't read the bit at the top :-)
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 13:24
As this is the maid's forum I guess it is the month's leave that domestic workers are entitled to as domestic workers do not work office hours/days. I think - but am not 100% sure - that it means that you have to have worked a full year before being legally entitled to the leave. However, often it will be negotiated with the sponsor to be taken at a time when it is mutually convenient
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 12:45
My contract states that i am entitled of 30days paid annual leave against the whole term of the contract What does this mean? Need answers please.... Is it calendar days or working days? Do you work full time? How long is your contract for? Which area of Dubai is your office in? Most companies work as per the MOL which is 22 working days per year

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY