Question about schools in Jeddah | ExpatWoman.com

Question about schools in Jeddah

Latest post on 24 October 2016 - 09:58
Hey, in the absence of other replies (the Saudi board is very quiet), I can offer information on the East Coast. I'm guessing your off to Jeddah??
Latest post on 24 October 2016 - 03:11
Hi I'm in a similar situation my husband is currently in Qatar I'm in Australia with two child 7 and. 8 ad husbands been offered a job in Saudi Have you moved out their yet ?? I'm in the process of research on schools ect
Latest post on 21 May 2016 - 08:56
I'm over on the other coast. High quality primary places are very hard to get. I suspect if they will accept you to start in Jan (I'm guessing you want to finish the school year in Aus first?) you will need to pay for the whole year. But ultimately you are going to have to ask the school. We struggled to secure anything without the kids in Kingdom, as they wanted an assessment, and a pretty prompt start after offer (we didn't apply in the normal rounds- typically application are made in Jan for the following Aug/Sept, with assessments in March /April/May). I don't know if Jeddah is as over subscribed for school places tho.
Latest post on 19 May 2016 - 17:01
Hi there, I am currently in Australia however my husband is in Jeddah, KSA on a 2 year contract. He has been looking at school for our two children - aged 7 and 9 and there doesn't seem to be a lot available. The American International School have indicated they may have spots however we don't think we will be relocating the kids until the end of the year. If we get offered a sport this year (starting August) will they hold the spot for us or will we have to re-apply again later in the year? I would also be interested in any other school recommendations. Thank you