Regent International School v Dubai International Academy | ExpatWoman.com

Regent International School v Dubai International Academy

Latest post on 22 May 2016 - 01:32

Hello,
Can anyone share any experiences with Regent International School or Dubai International Academy?
We're moving to Dubai this summer and I'm looking to send our six and eight year old to a primary school within reasonable distance of the Greens.
Good sports facilities/outdoor space is important to us as we'll be living in an apartment, as is a warm and enthusiastic group of teachers.
Many thanks!

Latest post on 22 May 2016 - 12:49
Good advice from SugarMama, 2 different curriculums, you would firstly have to decide which curriculum you would like to go with and then choose schools. DIA has a good reputation in general, maybe not the most academic (from what I heard and I might be wrong!). Regent, I know a few parents that weren't happy and moved their children and also some that think it's good. Visit a few school when you are here and decide from there, I visited some outstanding schools, but felt they weren't for us.
Latest post on 22 May 2016 - 10:15
The schools teach different curricula - DIA is IB and Regent is UK so your decision may be affected by the curricula that your children currently study as well as location. If you have a look at the inspection reports for each school on the KHDA website you will get a clearer picture - Regent is rated good and DIA outstanding. Regent has limited field space - 1 pitch and a side court and a smal primary play equipment area for the entire primary and secondary school along with 2 pools and a gym/sports hall. (I have heard they might transfer all of secondary to their new build Sunmarke in JVT - don't know how true that is - if it is it would free up more playspace for primary.) DIA site appears confined too though I've not toured it so cannot comment on that. Best of luck.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY