Any travel advisors here need help with some rules for travel in case of natural disaster | ExpatWoman.com

Any travel advisors here need help with some rules for travel in case of natural disaster

Latest post on 23 May 2016 - 10:13
Did you not check when booking, if you will get a refund in case of cancellation, natural disaster or not? Sorry for being blunt, but I never book holidays that I'm not sure that I can't cancel and get refund for, there are quite a few companies that don't offer refund, I know someone that found out the hard way and after that I am extra cautious, some will charge a higher fee to be able to cancel. Hope it gets sorted out, one way or the other.
Latest post on 22 May 2016 - 16:53
Hello Sarah, thanks for your answer. we did book it in person at the agency and she send us the final voucher and offer by mail but never TC attached. According to what I know from my business experience if you do not provide TC with offer or sales then they do not apply but is it the same for travel? In Europe we have the organization regrouping and controlling travel agencies but here in Dubai I really do not know tried to research but so far nothing found thanks again A Call them and tell them you want a copy of their cancellation policy or you will speak with the DED and report them. They are the governing body for these sorts of things
Latest post on 22 May 2016 - 14:28
Hello Sarah, thanks for your answer. we did book it in person at the agency and she send us the final voucher and offer by mail but never TC attached. According to what I know from my business experience if you do not provide TC with offer or sales then they do not apply but is it the same for travel? In Europe we have the organization regrouping and controlling travel agencies but here in Dubai I really do not know tried to research but so far nothing found thanks again A
Latest post on 22 May 2016 - 14:16
Hello Ladies, Few months ago we have booked our yearly vacations and we chose to go to Sri Lanka. However seen the recent events where everything is flooded, people left without shelter and some got injured or even died we are no longer sure if it is safe to go there with the whole family. We are really looking for quiet holidays and not 2 weeks of trouble. I have contacted the agency and they want to charge me a huge cancellation fee. So my question is do they have a right to do it as there is natural disaster and travel may be risky or do they have to propose another destination (we are open to proposals no problem) Secondly they have never provided us with general sales and cancellation policy so are they not in the wrong? Anyone can help me? There must be some laws regulating such cases thanks so much for any help Agnes Did you book online or in person They should provide you with the terms and conditions of cancellation. If they wont ask where this is written and if they cannot provide it speak to the DED
Latest post on 22 May 2016 - 13:28
Hello Ladies, Few months ago we have booked our yearly vacations and we chose to go to Sri Lanka. However seen the recent events where everything is flooded, people left without shelter and some got injured or even died we are no longer sure if it is safe to go there with the whole family. We are really looking for quiet holidays and not 2 weeks of trouble. I have contacted the agency and they want to charge me a huge cancellation fee. So my question is do they have a right to do it as there is natural disaster and travel may be risky or do they have to propose another destination (we are open to proposals no problem) Secondly they have never provided us with general sales and cancellation policy so are they not in the wrong? Anyone can help me? There must be some laws regulating such cases thanks so much for any help Agnes

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY