Doha College or Sherborne | ExpatWoman.com

Doha College or Sherborne

Latest post on 01 June 2016 - 20:53
Seriously what's your problem Go49erz it was obviously a typing error!!! and as far as I could tell this was a request for thoughts on school choice not fuckin grammer . Get over yourself!!!!
Latest post on 01 June 2016 - 15:19
Doha Collegd for sure!!! you mean Doha College! you need grammar lessons your self.
Latest post on 29 May 2016 - 16:47
Doha Collegd for sure!!!
Latest post on 29 May 2016 - 10:03
Doha college is an excellent school. But academically they are quite pushy. Especially for primary years. Homework for reception is where I draw the line. Having said that my child is in year 1 now and can read adult books with no help. I think it will come down to where you will live. Morning school traffic is not a pretty site. Good luck.
Latest post on 28 May 2016 - 16:25
Thank you so much. That seems to be the difficulty. It appears they are both good schools and it's therefore hard to choose between them, especially as I will not be able to visit either before making a choice. Budget should be ok for either so I think the deciding factor will be where we live.
Latest post on 28 May 2016 - 08:06
Both are good schools. Sherborne belongs to the outstanding school program by the Ministry of Education. It opened a few years ago Doha College has been well established in Doha since at least the 1990s. The westbay campus has been opened around 3 years ago and is only aprimary school. Both have great extra curricular sports and other clubs. For me both are great choices.At the end you choice may be influenced may be influenced by where you live to minimize traffic and school timings and if you have other kids do you want them all in one school and finally of course your budget. Good Luck
Latest post on 24 May 2016 - 14:43
It's Doha College West Bay, by the way.
Latest post on 24 May 2016 - 14:43
Hi Everyone My son has been offered a place in the above schools. I seem to get the impression they are both good schools academically, but what would make you chose one above the other? I am particularly interested in the culture, friendliness, kind of discipline, if staff are approachable and if the children and parents are happy, facilities, etc. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you