Private health insurance for one adult and two children | ExpatWoman.com

Private health insurance for one adult and two children

Latest post on 24 May 2016 - 21:55

Hi all
I am moving to dubai very soon.

We have a private cover for health through my husbands job but I have been recommended by a good friend that it's always worth having your own policy too as companies change them all the time .

I need a recommendation for a really comprehensive cover where I don't have to co pay to see a Doctor in dubai etc(even if it's for a cold/ throat infection for the kids )

Our policy with my husbands job has a 20% copay on it.

I am looking for something to cover everything - even if possible vaccinations. Plus a decent dental and optics cover with the health insurance

Please ladies can you recommend which company I should use ?

Thanks!

Latest post on 25 May 2016 - 21:12
Hi all I am moving to dubai very soon. We have a private cover for health through my husbands job but I have been recommended by a good friend that it's always worth having your own policy too as companies change them all the time . I need a recommendation for a really comprehensive cover where I don't have to co pay to see a Doctor in dubai etc(even if it's for a cold/ throat infection for the kids ) Our policy with my husbands job has a 20% copay on it. I am looking for something to cover everything - even if possible vaccinations. Plus a decent dental and optics cover with the health insurance Please ladies can you recommend which company I should use ? Thanks! I could be incorrect but I thought you are not able to carry two policies in the UAE. Can anyone confirm this or knows otherwise? Even if you pay double premiums, you cannot be covered twice for the same risk. Most insurance policies will ask you if you already have cover although if it is household or travel for e.g., they generally don't ask. Still you won't be able to claim twice if something happens. Health and life policies have to be underwritten once you have filled all the detailed and your premium will differ from someone's unlike travel for e.g. where it is almost a one fits all policy (except for people with specific pre-conditions or age related). HTH
Latest post on 25 May 2016 - 17:44
On a side note, as a newbie to Dubai, I recommend you get travel insurance valid for arrival listing your home country as your "permanent country of residence." There is a company under the website: www.bootsnall.com that offers good coverage through several insurance companies. We got family coverage for 4 weeks for $275 with emergency evacuation to our home country and guaranteed payment up to $100,000USD for the standard and $300,000USD for the upgraded option. You can get coverage up to 12 months. It covers you anywhere outside your home country for all hospital and emergency including emergency dental. That will give you time to "like or lose" this other policy and shop around locally.
Latest post on 25 May 2016 - 17:39
Hi all I am moving to dubai very soon. We have a private cover for health through my husbands job but I have been recommended by a good friend that it's always worth having your own policy too as companies change them all the time . I need a recommendation for a really comprehensive cover where I don't have to co pay to see a Doctor in dubai etc(even if it's for a cold/ throat infection for the kids ) Our policy with my husbands job has a 20% copay on it. I am looking for something to cover everything - even if possible vaccinations. Plus a decent dental and optics cover with the health insurance Please ladies can you recommend which company I should use ? Thanks! I could be incorrect but I thought you are not able to carry two policies in the UAE. Can anyone confirm this or knows otherwise?
Latest post on 25 May 2016 - 16:19
Try BUPA. We have been with them for many years. They are expensive though. We have recently downsized onto paying for our own appointments now.... 450 dirhams a pop. Physio appointments are 400. Phone them and see what they offer. We are now here without our boys so perhaps different for you....

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY