Shocked to hear Dr Ibrahim does only C-section! Any suggestions!? | ExpatWoman.com

Shocked to hear Dr Ibrahim does only C-section! Any suggestions!?

Latest post on 29 May 2016 - 22:17

I called Mediclinic for an appointment today with Dr Ibrahim after my appointment got cancelled with Dr Britt Clausson due to some reason. I found it to be quite unprofessional on the hospital and doctors part to cancel my appointment at the last minute but just moved on to another doctor and took an appointment with Dr Ibrahim instead..

They called me back saying that Dr Ibrahim does only C-section!! I found it quite shocking and obviously cancelled it as I think I want to give natural delivery a shot !

Now I'm searching for a doctor for my delivery in November. If anyone has any suggestions /recommendations please let me know!!

Thx so much in advance!

Latest post on 13 July 2016 - 11:31
Dr.Elsa is highly recommended. She is pro natural birth. She has her own private clinic in bldg no.72 in Healthcare city. I'm currently seeing her with my second pregnancy.
Latest post on 03 June 2016 - 14:32
Ha, ok, that's different, sorry for my snide comment! City did the same type of thing when Dr Elsa left - kept insisting she was coming back but they couldn't schedule any appointments for her, etc. What a pain, they should just be honest. The best doctor I've found in Dubai is Dr George. His office is in the building to the left of City (the one with the Costa inside). She is back now- I saw her this week
Latest post on 31 May 2016 - 02:57
Thanks for your reply! Sorry my bad I didn't elaborate actually. They cancelled my appointment indefinitely with Dr Britt Clausson and said that they can't be re-schedule my appointment as the doctor is out of the country for 6 weeks and they cannot schedule after 6 weeks either as her calendar for appointments is not open yet. Anyway I gave it some time and called them again to fix an appt after the Dr is back and again they gave me the same answer. And this time the nurse also told me that she is not sure if the Dr will come back and take me as a patient as it might be too late in my pregnancy, I was only in my 12th week then. Have called up the clinic again and they are still giving me the same answer and I am in my 16th week now. It's already been 4 weeks and they still don't know when the doctor will be back!! I was very keen on Dr Britt since I read good reviews. And I feel that the hospital is not being completely clear and the least they should do is give a clear picture to the patients... I felt hopeful all this while thinking I could schedule an appointment once the Dr is back.. But now I think maybe the Dr is not coming back at all.. Any good Ob/Gyn suggestions Pls do lemme know !! This is a common thing here is dubai with clinics and hospitals they are never clear about when the doctor is leaving and love to keep patient in limbo ( don't understand why). Not so long ago I was chasing up my kids dentist in a similar way, clinic kept repeating he is on vacation and we don't know when he is coming back but he would come back. In the meanwhile I saw the same dentist on another clinics website , advertised as 'just joined'. Don't know who was playing a game with whom. Anyways if you are keen on delivering in city then may be you can see Dr elsa privately who delivers at city, I think.. may be some one can confirm this for you. Or i can recommend my gynae from nmc speciality qusais.. Dr babita .. she is very pro natural. I had my two babies with her but the hospital is not fancy and sparkly like city.
Latest post on 30 May 2016 - 15:21
Ha, ok, that's different, sorry for my snide comment! City did the same type of thing when Dr Elsa left - kept insisting she was coming back but they couldn't schedule any appointments for her, etc. What a pain, they should just be honest. The best doctor I've found in Dubai is Dr George. His office is in the building to the left of City (the one with the Costa inside).
Latest post on 30 May 2016 - 12:55
Thanks for your reply! Sorry my bad I didn't elaborate actually. They cancelled my appointment indefinitely with Dr Britt Clausson and said that they can't be re-schedule my appointment as the doctor is out of the country for 6 weeks and they cannot schedule after 6 weeks either as her calendar for appointments is not open yet. Anyway I gave it some time and called them again to fix an appt after the Dr is back and again they gave me the same answer. And this time the nurse also told me that she is not sure if the Dr will come back and take me as a patient as it might be too late in my pregnancy, I was only in my 12th week then. Have called up the clinic again and they are still giving me the same answer and I am in my 16th week now. It's already been 4 weeks and they still don't know when the doctor will be back!! I was very keen on Dr Britt since I read good reviews. And I feel that the hospital is not being completely clear and the least they should do is give a clear picture to the patients... I felt hopeful all this while thinking I could schedule an appointment once the Dr is back.. But now I think maybe the Dr is not coming back at all.. Any good Ob/Gyn suggestions Pls do lemme know !!
Latest post on 30 May 2016 - 07:04
For one thing, OBGYN doctors never know when they might be called *to help someone give birth*! That is probably why your appointment was cancelled. It happens a lot when you are seeing someone whose job that is. Having said that, a doctor that used to work with that particular doctor at City was not very flattering in her description of him and his doctoring skills. But if he schedules all his births, at least you know your appointment won't be cancelled at the last moment!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY