DESS or Doha College | ExpatWoman.com

DESS or Doha College

Latest post on 31 May 2016 - 15:57

Hi,
Looking for some advice.... We are moving to Doha in January (me, husband and 2 sons who will be 5 and 2). My husband will be working in West Bay Lagoon and his company have told us we need to decide on schools now to get on the wait list for our preferred choice. Being a teacher myself I like to get a feel of the school by looking round it but this is obviously not an option! The choice is between DESS and Doha College (Al Waab campus) so I would be interested to hear of differences between the two and personal experiences.
Our next decision is where to live. We like the idea of a compound but are finding it difficult to know where to start! Am guessing from reading about traffic it is important to be near the school? Would it be crazy to live in Al Waab and have a child at DESS? And if so what other compound options are there near DESS? Also interested in any views on Al Waab more generally, and any compounds in particular people would recommend.
Many thanks if you made it through my long post and any help greatly appreciated : )

Latest post on 01 June 2016 - 10:49
The Waab to DESS commute isnt too bad . 15-20 minutes .
Latest post on 31 May 2016 - 20:44
In regards to school boh are good schools and both have waiting lists specially in the junior years. Only issue with DESS for me is that it is till year 6 only.Doha College has the advantage of preschool to year 13. There are newer school with good reputation you may consider exploring too . These school belong to the outstanding school program Sherbourne Qatar International School of London Kings College Doha Royal Grammar School Guilford- Qatar Good luck you r choice may depend on availability if sot and where you decide to love.