if u go vacation and leave nanny home do u subtract her vacation days | ExpatWoman.com

if u go vacation and leave nanny home do u subtract her vacation days

Latest post on 12 June 2016 - 15:29

Hello ladies just want to ask if employer is going on vacation and leave nanny home do they substract her vacation days simply because she cannot take vacation same time when they are away
Need your advice
Thank you

Latest post on 24 June 2016 - 19:30
hello Paggy , is she going to be staying all by herself or will there be someone e.g. your husband for whom she will have to cook n clean etc ? if so , I don't think you should cut her salary as she is still looking after the house even if the work is much less. guess such things are best discussed at the beginning of the contract !
Latest post on 21 June 2016 - 19:54
It depends on the agreement which I think should be determined before the employment begins. Our family is fortunate enough to have the summers free to use for holiday in our home country. If we were to hire another nanny in the future, we would tell her as a condition of her employment (in advance) that her annual holiday will be during the summers when we are out of the country. Her primary role is to care for our child (who will be with us) so it makes more sense. She can choose to go home to her country at that time or stay in the UAE (or split her time). In fact...we would likely give her two months paid leave per year if we took the entire summer. Great deal for her IMO. It is about setting expectations. If her holiday needs to be in the summer she will be told in advance. It is her choice to accept the position at that point.
Latest post on 21 June 2016 - 16:34
If you were left at your Office(Work Place) for 1Month, would they deduct those days from your leave? Why do we like treating Nanny's like they ain't Humans?nkt!! Remember you're not leaving her in her own house...it's your house and as long as she's in your House, she ain't on Leave!!! She is at her Work Place!!!!!!
Latest post on 13 June 2016 - 17:54
Hi paggy Look at it this way. Your nanny is also helping to look after your house and maybe water your plants…..
Latest post on 12 June 2016 - 21:42
It depends what you have agreed. With my former nanny, we have agreed that she will take her holidays at the same time as us which means that she will go to her country twice a year. When we went on holidays, she refused to go as she didn't want to spend money there. We have agreed that it's okay, she can stay in our house, she will get full pay for her holidays, she doesn't need to work during that time but needs to clean after herself. She got the money for one ticket at the end of her contract. It worked well. Have you discussed the holidays at the time of hiring?
Latest post on 12 June 2016 - 20:55
Simply No, I pay my home help the same every month - the same I do as an employed person at my company.
Latest post on 12 June 2016 - 18:13
Only if I were a horrible shrew.
Latest post on 12 June 2016 - 18:09
No, I guess she will still be working, even if it's not as much.
Latest post on 12 June 2016 - 17:13
She is not going because the holiday is different her children will be at school and she cannot see them its 30days
Latest post on 12 June 2016 - 16:59
Did you want her to take her holidays at the same time? Why can't she? How many days are we talking about? Will she not be working while you're away (cleaning, house sitting, watering plants etc.) Lots of questions, but I would say: no, you don't subtract her holidays.
Latest post on 12 June 2016 - 16:46
She's not going on holiday, the employer is. So why should she lose her holiday entitlement because of it?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY