School Advice Please! | ExpatWoman.com

School Advice Please!

Latest post on 25 April 2017 - 06:22
Bumping this post because as the last poster enquired I'm also interested on suggestions for close communities to safa community school. Or ideas on where current families live. Thanks :)
Latest post on 15 July 2016 - 06:08
Hi. We are heading to AR in August and have our girls booked Safa Community School. The Principal was very impressive. We just need to find a place to live. Any suggestions?
Latest post on 18 June 2016 - 22:41
Its very late to be looking for school places, especially for your 4 year old. However there are 21 more schools opening in Sept so no doubt you'll get a place. Safa has a good rep and is the sister school to a long running one so that's encouraging. Sunmark, to the best of my knowledge, is not even open so that's interesting that you're getting good reviews.....must be from the owners! A friend is working in Ranches Primary and is happy there, likes the ethos and it is (so far) not massive and very close to AR. Good luck. :)
Latest post on 17 June 2016 - 20:09
If I was moving to the Ranches I would definitely chose Jebel Ali. Non for profit school and a long standing excellent reputation.
Latest post on 16 June 2016 - 17:08
My ds goes goes to Safa community school and I cannot recommend the school enough. Very nurturing environment and the teachers are extremely friendly and loving with lot of emphasis given to sports. Take a tour ..it will help you to decide.
Latest post on 16 June 2016 - 11:33
You might try Victory Heights I believe it still has spaces and is well thought of and in easier reach of Arabian Ranches... Also Jebel Ali School new campus is close and also has a very good reputation - harder to get into the younger year groups though with waiting lists. Safa seems like a lovely school too.
Latest post on 16 June 2016 - 10:42
Hi I have heard excellent feedback on Safa Community School. We are at the other Safa school and many families we knew who lived AR side switched across to SCS due to location. when it opened They are all very happy with the facilities, teaching and the community feel of the school, I also have friends in AR who send their kids to Gems Metropole school in Motor City and are happy. This was new lasr year and everyone now seems to be settled it. In the end you have to choose what feels right for you. If you can try to visit in person before making a final choice.
Latest post on 16 June 2016 - 10:37
HI, I am interested to see the replies from your post as we are in the same boat and looking for schools in the same area. Good Luck!
Latest post on 16 June 2016 - 03:17
Hello, I am a mum of 2 girls (aged 4 and 6) and am seeking any advice, comments or information regarding schooling options for our girls who will commence schooling in Dubai in August 2016. We are moving from Australia into Arabian Ranches in July and have narrowed down options to: Safa Community School, Ranches Primary School and Sunmarke School. The first two I understand are quite close to Arabian Ranches and although Sunmarke is a little further away in JVC, came highly recommended by some parents of Regent International whom we know. I would appreciate anyone who has first hand experience or knowledge of any of the above schools to share their views as I am struggling to get any information beyond the schools websites and KHDA reports. I still believe however that nothing substitutes asking parents and friends of the school for their opinion :) Thanking you in advance!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY