Advice about job needed | ExpatWoman.com

Advice about job needed

Latest post on 26 June 2016 - 17:13
Hi, I started my new job in February for training, official start date was April. My offer letter is dated April and states the following: Probation period: as per UAE labour law you will be subject to 6 months from the actual date of joining. Employment Contract: Upon joining the company and completing your probation period, you will be required to sign employment agreement explaining all the terms and conditions related to your employment. The job is in a nursery and not long after I started my boss made me sign and fingerprint a piece of paper. I was in the middle of a class so didn't ask what it was for as I had 15 children to look after. I am now wanting to leave as the working conditions are poor, salary is very low and I am now required to take 2 months unpaid leave over summer. I have asked my boss today if I can have the option of a higher salary to cover the 2 months I have unpaid or whether I can work over the summer otherwise I will have to leave and find a higher paying job to which she responded I will get a penalty and a labour ban if I leave now. My question is this: Do you think the paper I signed was a contract even though she didn't give me anything to read? Does my offer letter stand for anything where it says I am under 6 months probation and I will only sign a contract upon completion of my probation? TIA

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY