Advice for Palm Living | ExpatWoman.com

Advice for Palm Living

Latest post on 26 June 2016 - 21:12

Hi everyone

I've been following for a while and see there are many opinions on what living on the Palm is like.

As a newcomer, I wanting to know any hints, tips, things to look out for etc when looking for an apartment.

Location wise it works for us so really wanting to know what I should look out for (good and bad) when looking for a place.

As always, appreciate your time and input.
Thanks

Latest post on 11 July 2016 - 16:19
Thanks for your comments. I value all the views and will need to work out what works best. Thanks again
Latest post on 11 July 2016 - 12:33
We're in Marina residences and we love it.. Except the fact that the closer you get to the sea, more humid problems you'll face, which we did.. Can't say, in terms of access or noise we've had a problem for almost 2 yrs. Nowadays we're considering Golden Mile park view apts are nice.
Latest post on 09 July 2016 - 12:53
Just yesterday evening friends living in Down town close to Palace Hotel told us they own a nice small apartment in Anantara where to spend the week ends/holidays! she went for Eid and Wednesday it was fine, Thursday ...they started again with construction work of new hotel almost attached to Anantara with big, big noise .... Impossible to sleep/relax:she has decided to go back in her house in Downtown. Now they want to sell it but they will get lower price , compared with the amount they paid... Yes, the fronds are different: you only have to queue after dozen of trucks... lane closed to facilitate constructions' access to offload materials, queue 10 minutes everytime there is a new shift coming on duty with 15/20 buses...then you can enjoy your life in the fronds...where you get used to the coming noise from many contructions'sites on the crescents ! as well as the constructions of new villas in frond G, frond N....affecting the closest fronds! In many fronds before there was very nice views of Dubai....and the sea in the middle of the fronds ! for this reason the cost of villa with view was higher...now the crescents are totally occupied by hotels and constructions of new hotels/residence...and the only view you have is ...BLOCK OF CEMENT ...and the sea in front of your villa....and people living there is afraid that a day they will find a new construction in the middle of the sea between fronds... It could be possible if you consider they are building a new residence almost under the bridge at the beginning of the access road to the palm! And Nakheel doesn't give back money to compensate you for the lack of view, for the noise, for the dust ....:angry: at end of frond D there was empty area which was supposed to be used to make u-turn and something similar, patrol'cars access and cleaning tractor...; now they are building a villa and there are very deep escavation works going on....during the nights trucks are coming and going to remove the sand from excavation'works and the villas in the close area have very miserable life! I met in the school a lady living there few weeks back and she told me they are waiting to go on holiday after Eid to get rest!!! :angry:
Latest post on 07 July 2016 - 08:23
Word of warning some guy posted on one of the other forums saying that he and his Brother rented a place on the shoreline and they only got one access pass for the beach. I don't know if there has been a problem accessing the facilities as I beleive I read something about charging for the passes If its a family renting they all get access cards, which means married couple with children. Their visitors would need to pay. It's probably just one brother on the contract, so they will not recognise them as a family living together...
Latest post on 06 July 2016 - 19:25
Word of warning some guy posted on one of the other forums saying that he and his Brother rented a place on the shoreline and they only got one access pass for the beach. I don't know if there has been a problem accessing the facilities as I beleive I read something about charging for the passes
Latest post on 06 July 2016 - 17:10
Hi, we have lived on The Palm for 7 years, in a villa on the fronds and love it. We wouldn't want to live anywhere else now. As far as apartments go I think the Golden Miles are good, there are lots of facilities coming along right now.
Latest post on 05 July 2016 - 16:29
You couldn't pay me enough to live on the Palm! Yes its beautiful and all, but the construction noise and mess is horrific and the traffic is abysmal. We stayed there for 6 months when we first moved to Dubai in a company apartment, was really glad to leave.
Latest post on 05 July 2016 - 11:13
dear our friends have decided to move from Palm Jumeirah....after months and months of problems.... Because of construction works they can not sleep.... 4 weeks back they sent me a photos taken at 3,45 am: while they were sleeping a big big noise coming from the new building close to Shoreline 1. The child started crying and all that with closed windows !!! they are on 8th floor... They were staying before in shoreline 6, if I'm not wrong, and they moved from there when construction works started on Palm residences... My friends' colleague is in Marina Residence and they have miserable life with mall construction...day/night/working days/week end days....impossible to stay for the noise, dust, and also because of traffic: trucks coming and going day and night! and they will not renew the contract and move from palm in November ! We have a property in Palm and our tenant is complaining for the same , we have reduced the rent but ....we are thinking to sell it

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY