Help - Abu Dhabi Semi government End of service benifits | ExpatWoman.com

Help - Abu Dhabi Semi government End of service benifits

Latest post on 29 June 2016 - 12:05

Hi, I work for a semi-government company in abu dhabi, I live in Dubai, I was hired in UAE. I have worked of this company for 18 months now. I an currently serving my notice period for 2 months. I resigned and am leaving this country. can someone tell me about the end of service benefits - gratuity, air ticket and leave pay. Is the employer obliged to pay these?

I called ministry of labor. They say its only applicable to private companies. desperately looking for the information.

Latest post on 29 June 2016 - 12:57
Hi Syl123, Assuming you are on an unlimited contract? You should be entitled to around 10 days basic pay only as a gratuity for 18 months service. There are online calculators that can work this out more accurately for you. Also you should be able to utilize your annual leave balance as part of your notice period. The company is not obliged to pay in lieu of this unless they refuse to let you use the leave days. Regarding air ticket, they have to repatriate you to your home country which is not the same as an entitlement to an air ticket. There is no obligation for a cash alternative.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY