Advice! Remraam? Others? :) | ExpatWoman.com

Advice! Remraam? Others? :)

Latest post on 03 July 2016 - 16:56
Thank you for the comparison of the two locations.
Latest post on 03 July 2016 - 11:59
hello OP. before I got married my fiancee used to live in Remraam and now we live in Mirdiff Shurooq heres the difference between both, Remraam is far from downtown, marina areas. and theres a lot of construction. I prefer mirdif shurooq as theres a huge community around, lots of amenities, supermarkets, laundry, gym... O felt remaraam was so far it used to take 45 minutes to reach work, my hubby works in AD so it was closer to him. mirdiff is not very glamorous but its safe and clean, I live on the ground floor and rent is 71k. I do face the occasional roaches. hope this helps.
Latest post on 02 July 2016 - 18:18
I really appreciate the insight and the advice. :) You are all so very helpful! I do like the idea of the lower price in Remraam as it allows money to go towards other things. Will be checking them out for sure. :) Have not heard of the "Gardens" before. A already developmened community in our range would be perfect. Will check them out! (This is exactly what I need. Ladies who know these places that I don't and can recommend!) My only concern with Mirdif is mostly not having any experience with that side of Dubai. Maybe we need to spread our wings a bit? We have spent years in the Barsha area and got used to it and all the close amenities within a 10 minute drive and shops that I know so well. I would not be adverse to a shorter commute time for my husband though! Couchpotato...Can you advise which areas of Mirdif you would recommend and/or developments? I don't think we could afford Sharooq and 140k is actually the high end of the budget. Thank you
Latest post on 01 July 2016 - 11:33
Remraan to Healthcare City is doable but unnecessary, with your budget you could get a nice 3 bedroom house in a community in Mirdif with a shared pool etc. Now is also a good time to look. it would be an easy commute and you will make a lot of friends, you can also look for Mirdif Mums on FB.
Latest post on 01 July 2016 - 01:10
3 bedroom in 140 k is quite do able in gardens..with no construction no parking problem. ..pools and loads of green spaces for kids but I am not sure how the drive would be to health care city every day. Availability is another problem but I know a very persistent lady who sorted it out in few weeks through contacts.
Latest post on 30 June 2016 - 20:19
I live in Remraam, have done for 3 years. There are two sides, Al Thamam which is pretty much complete, hence prices are slightly higher on that side, plus it has the Geant, coffee shop, pharmacy, dry cleaners. Then there's Al Ramth, which has all the construction going on - hence prices are more affordable. You shouldn't really pay anymore than 115 - 120k for a 3 bed now. Parking is a massive issue, too many cars not enough spaces, although with a 3 bed, it'll have 2 allocated undercover spaces. Now the new Al Yalayis road is open, it's quicker to DIP, Green Community and the Marina area. We're just waiting for the Hessa street extension to be completed - literally anytime now, which will make things so much more accessible. There are 3 swimming pools, tennis and basketball courts and some dirt sports pitches. Don't hold your breath for the gym - we've given up on that ever being finished. It's a huge mix of nationalities and for the most part things are good. Of course with such a 'melting pot' you do get the usual issues with apartment community living. If you want more info, I suggest you join one of the Remraam groups on facebook.
Latest post on 30 June 2016 - 20:09
Thank you ladies in advance! I have posted a few times about other areas so forgive me! We are searching all over right now to find a place for August. I saw the prices at Remraam are pretty good. I know its a bit "far out" but we have a car. Any advice? Range up to 140k for a 3 bedroom So far we are looking at: Layan (was told there may be openings soon as a company is moving people out) Remraam (prices seem good) JVC (some townhouses there are affordable) Mira (possible but not yet released and will be a while before we see green spaces) Mirdif / Sharooq (I think we are priced out though it looks so nice!) We prefer something that is not total construction. Some expats would be great! ;) Some green space for the children to play. Husband's work is near healthcare city. Pool would be nice. Ground floor apartment or townhouse for certain. Can you advise of other areas to look? I really appreciate it!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY