Nibras International School/Good or bad education ? | ExpatWoman.com

Nibras International School/Good or bad education ?

Latest post on 22 January 2017 - 15:12
I went on a school tour there years ago and then went for an open day. My first visit, I thought the school looked ok, but the second time it was something that really buggered me, think it was some management that I spoke to and made my decision that the school was certainly not for us.
Latest post on 22 January 2017 - 13:15
Hi, I have two kids in Nibras International School, Dubai, one in Gr 2 and the other in Gr4. What I can say is that our children's education and well being depends on their class teacher. As of now, my have kids had class teachers who are hardworking, communicative and motivated. However, the school is poorly managed as the principal and Head of Early learning years keep changing.The new principal is strict and rigid; enforces decisions that parents have no other choice but to follow. My kid has been suspended twice, once for misbehaving in class. As recommended by the school, he received therapy, only then was he allowed to go back to school. Following the action plan recommended by the therapist, my kid's behaviour improved gradually. However, he is very energetic and likes rough play with friends that he feels comfortable with at the playground, just like normal boys would do. Because of this rough play, my boy is not allowed to enter class until a shadow teacher who watches his every move is appointed. Despite explaining to the principal that this issue can be internally resolved, she did not want to listen and till stuck by her decision. A shadow teacher normally cost about 12000-14000 Dhs and we are not in the position to hire one. It is ridiculous. Now, my boy is not allowed to go to school until a shadow teacher is appointed. I DO NOT RECOMMEND any parent to send their kids to NIbras because parents have no say for their children's well being. The fees might seem reasonable but there are hidden costs, for e.g. exorbitant textbook and transport fees. There are better schools within that price range.
Latest post on 09 July 2016 - 15:41
Has anyone heard of this school ? Is it a good school ?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY