Advice please from woman in Dubai or anyone who can help, really stuck | ExpatWoman.com

Advice please from woman in Dubai or anyone who can help, really stuck

Latest post on 09 July 2016 - 16:50

Hi please can anyone advice on this work matter or lack of work in my case,
How do I apply and get a job in Dubai no one seems to hire or interview even?
I apply online to all the job sites even contact company's directly, do I have to walk in to these places? Direct approach uninvited? As my applying online isn't working I have lots of experience and qualifications in management, hospitality and child care and with good references I'm from the UK moved to Dubai and cannot find anyone to interview me and really need to work to support myself now. How do you ladies apply for jobs?
I greatly appreciate all advice and opinions :thinking:

Latest post on 18 July 2016 - 15:22
Dear Mary, for a better more comprehensive package it is advisable to try and source employment from your home country. I do not wish to be horrid but feel you need to look closely at your CV and covering letter to check for spelling and grammatical mistakes. Employers looking at native English speakers will throw out any CV's that are poor.
Latest post on 18 July 2016 - 14:47
Hi @Mary01224 if you were interested in running your own home-based travel business rather than working for someone you should contact Travel Counsellors in Dubai Good luck!
Latest post on 11 July 2016 - 03:13
@Rosie2121 thanks for this advice, as I was completely not sure if it would be ok to just pop in and hand in my CV as I used to do this back home and it used to work for me, so now I know that others have done this I will for sure give that a go and perhaps if a manager is around and I got a chance to talk I could explain myself better as to why I would suite the potion. Thanks much appreciated
Latest post on 11 July 2016 - 03:07
@silvstet ..I haven't check fb will definetly have a look thanks for advice and hopefully after holidays things pick up for me. @Mancgirl16 ..that is alot of CV to receive for on job perhaps I need to stand out some more to get noticed. In hospitality I used to be manager of two food chain franchise's and supervisor of another and in child care I worked as a TA in a primary school I also done a few years work and got qualifactions in medicine pharmacy but think that will not work for me out here in Dubia medicine qualifications are different I think. And I would love to have a chat with you I'm sure you could advice me and I would be much greatfull I'm happy to give you my email if you would except?
Latest post on 10 July 2016 - 17:39
Hi please can anyone advice on this work matter or lack of work in my case, How do I apply and get a job in Dubai no one seems to hire or interview even? I apply online to all the job sites even contact company's directly, do I have to walk in to these places? Direct approach uninvited? As my applying online isn't working I have lots of experience and qualifications in management, hospitality and child care and with good references I'm from the UK moved to Dubai and cannot find anyone to interview me and really need to work to support myself now. How do you ladies apply for jobs? I greatly appreciate all advice and opinions :thinking: Its all who you know here, get out there and start networking...also pop into office and drop off your cvs in person, the job i have not they werent even advertising....good luck
Latest post on 10 July 2016 - 10:17
Hello I work in HR and I generally find that many people apply for jobs that are the profile required and they haven't tailored their cv. I'm sure that you have thought of this :) on one job post I can get 300+ cv's! You mention childcare and hospitality, what were you doing in each of them? Happy to have a chat with you if you need some advice?
Latest post on 10 July 2016 - 06:32
The summer and Ramadan is probably the worst time of the year to jobhunt, everything slows down. Their are some job losses, but also there are growth in other sectors as well. Have you tried Facebook pages for your nationality in Dubai etc?
Latest post on 10 July 2016 - 03:11
Yes with the holidays it most likely making it more harder to even get an interview and it is difficult times I do feel bad for the people losing jobs if only the job market would pick up, I wish to stay longer in Dubai but if no jobs are appearing then its unfortunately back home for me:( thanks for replies ladies and I hope the best for you're husband to get a job I know how it is to be out if work.
Latest post on 09 July 2016 - 20:24
Sadly many companies are downsizing at the moment and only certain sectors are actually hiring. Lots of people I know recently have lost their jobs, my husband has been out of work since December. Sadly times are tough for many people.
Latest post on 09 July 2016 - 17:02
dear sorry for that.... but I think this is a wrong period to apply for work because of Ramadan - before - and now Eid and then many people on vacation. Perhaps after September the market will react better , but this is only my opinion

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY