New schools opening 2016 | ExpatWoman.com

New schools opening 2016

Latest post on 13 July 2016 - 07:39

Hi,

Am relocating from Australia in August with 3 young children (3,5,8) and given the difficulty in getting into established schools we are looking at new schools opening in August - Arcadia, Oaktree and Dovecote Primary. Does anyone have any feedback on the progress / reputation of these schools ? Any experience with going to a new school versus an established ?
Anyone else looking at these schools ?

Any feedback most appreciated ! :)

Latest post on 24 July 2016 - 19:29
Hi, We are relocating from the UK and our 6 will join OakTree. I know it's always a bit a gamble but in such a competitive market I think new schools will add an extra effort to be good. I have spoken with some friends in education, some based at UAE and I am relatively confident in our decision. The team at OakTree has very experienced educators, who are very familiar with Dubai.
Latest post on 23 July 2016 - 16:22
Well, I agree that new schools usually go through their teething problems but how significant are these issues? Getting an admission is something depending on external factors. Handling issues, as they happen, are an exposure to life. As long as they are not safety related. As I reflect back, there are tons of reasons for a child to spark up and like a subject or otherwise. Not all are in control of school or parents. There is need for our constant attention as parents, to help the child explore. I have seen established school living in their cocoon and new school willing to adopt to a active parent's suggestions.
Latest post on 18 July 2016 - 15:26
After making the mistake of moving my children from an established school to a brand new school I would advise against it . I have also had friends this year who moved their children to a new school last September against advice and by easter were desperate to get them out and into another school .With a new school despite all the planning it just doesn't seem to come together as they had hoped and there are lots of changes , parents have high expectations too .I would suggest looking into how many of the newer schools have their founding heads 2 -3 yrs from opening , what the staff turnover is like , this says alot about the school . Jebil Ali Primary is a very well established school that is moving to new premises , that would be an option or even some of the good schools rather than looking at the outstanding ones , they can only get better and the good schools in Dubai really are good . I would also say you need to visit the schools you are thinking of if you have a chance when they are open for students and you will get a feel for them . All schools are different and all children need different environments to learn . Good luck Agree with this post, also aware of friends who have had to remove their children from a new school at Easter. The non-Profit schools are well worth contacting in case they have places available, Jebel Ali is a super school and may have availability as they move to a new location after 40 odd years this September.
Latest post on 18 July 2016 - 01:29
I totally agree and old well established school has many advantages..new schools go thru teething problems and our kids have to bear the brunt of it all.
Latest post on 17 July 2016 - 23:23
After making the mistake of moving my children from an established school to a brand new school I would advise against it . I have also had friends this year who moved their children to a new school last September against advice and by easter were desperate to get them out and into another school .With a new school despite all the planning it just doesn't seem to come together as they had hoped and there are lots of changes , parents have high expectations too .I would suggest looking into how many of the newer schools have their founding heads 2 -3 yrs from opening , what the staff turnover is like , this says alot about the school . Jebil Ali Primary is a very well established school that is moving to new premises , that would be an option or even some of the good schools rather than looking at the outstanding ones , they can only get better and the good schools in Dubai really are good . I would also say you need to visit the schools you are thinking of if you have a chance when they are open for students and you will get a feel for them . All schools are different and all children need different environments to learn . Good luck

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY