600 dhs to renew driving license!! | ExpatWoman.com

600 dhs to renew driving license!!

Latest post on 15 July 2016 - 19:56
I never thought of that coming. As if maintaining the license is a responsibility once issued?
Latest post on 14 July 2016 - 15:26
That's interesting..I do have a uae license expiring in a year or so and I have already left. What are we suppose to do with it when leaving country? To avoid such a fine if we move back at some point in future? Does anyone know? I would contact the RTA directly, they are very helpful. My licence is due for renewal this month but U have changed my name since I took out the original so wasn't sure if additional documents were needed. I called them on 800 9090 and they were very informative. Sorry I dont have an international number for you to call but the website might help.
Latest post on 14 July 2016 - 13:19
That's interesting..I do have a uae license expiring in a year or so and I have already left. What are we suppose to do with it when leaving country? To avoid such a fine if we move back at some point in future? Does anyone know?
Latest post on 14 July 2016 - 07:03
Ouch, I didn't know you had to cancel the driving licence either....
Latest post on 13 July 2016 - 22:36
Hi, Went to get a local driving license as my old expired 3-4 years ago. Moved from Dubai 4,5,years ago so never thought about it, moving back now. And now I have to pay a fine of 10 dhs per month Im too late to renew!!! Has anyone had the same experience? Theres no way I could have renewed it before, since I didnt live here and didnt have a visa. Very annoying to pay 500dhs for this.... So a warning to you if you have a Dubai driving license: renew before you move, it can be expensive if and when you unexpectedly move back! Mina

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY