Would you take your parents/in-laws on holiday? | ExpatWoman.com

Would you take your parents/in-laws on holiday?

Latest post on 31 July 2016 - 17:49
"What do families fight about?" EVERYTHING!!!
Latest post on 31 July 2016 - 16:45
Hubby is from a different country (which I love to visit), but mum and brother are also in two different countries so this year we went to Spain and had a week with my mum and dad and brother and kids and then ten days with hubby's family, Mum, sister, brother-in law and their kids. It was fab, it's very different being 1 of 9 people for three weeks, but it was so worth it. What do family's fight about?
Latest post on 25 July 2016 - 14:46
I get on very well with my in-laws and everyone on my husbands side and often go on holiday together. i dread going or visit with my own family....:angry:
Latest post on 22 July 2016 - 02:16
I went on holidays with my parents without my husband as he was in Dubai and I was in India. He and his family were enraged and my husband made every effort to ruin my holidays as they wanted me to spend time with them and not my parents eventhough I went to stay with my in laws for few days. They (in laws) have never planned such trips. I would not mind joining them!
Latest post on 18 July 2016 - 21:25
We usually go on vacation on our own, but when visiting family in Europe yearly (Both my family and my husbands family are in different countries) we always try to add a few days on our own, either afterwards or in between. When our family visits us, we try to not have everyone come at the same time for the majority of their stay. This gives us quality time with each and everyone. It was only once that everyone visited, but so far it works well.
Latest post on 18 July 2016 - 17:39
No. They would drive me insane.
Latest post on 17 July 2016 - 12:50
Yes, def I would take. They can help with kids hehe. I love my whole family and we my husband too so we dont see problem at all.
Latest post on 17 July 2016 - 08:46
It gets boring when we go back to the UK all the time, and they come to Dubai... So our plan is to meet up with families in different countries that are sort-of half-way between us. Spend quality time together and explore a new place! As for who we'd do that with... I'd prefer my own mother, but I wouldn't say no to my in-laws.
Latest post on 14 July 2016 - 18:35
My late in-laws would no more have expected to come on holiday with us than we would have expected to go on holiday with them. We all got on very, very well but we also appreciated that we all had different views on various things and none of us would have wished to upset the apple cart. As for my parents - NO, NO, NO? . I can't imagine anything more guaranteed to end up with one of us (mother or daughter, more likely daughter!) being charged with manslaughter. Oh heavens, the very thought makes me cringe.
Latest post on 14 July 2016 - 17:18
Me and my hubby have been on holiday to Gozo three times (will be 4 next year) with both our parents and in laws. We do it because we can't afford two flights in the same year to have a holiday [i'>and[/i'> go back home to the UK to see them, so at least we're all able to meet up together once a year. Luckily, we all get on :biggrin:
Latest post on 14 July 2016 - 16:51
Hi ladies - we're back on The TIcket on DubaiEye103.8 on Sunday afternoon from 2pm. We'll be talking about whether it's a good idea to take your in-laws or own parents on holiday with you... Maybe to help with the children, as company or you really enjoy spending that time with them. If no, do you think it will ruin your relationship? Please let us know your thoughts and we'll read them on air!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY