Maids annual vacation pay | ExpatWoman.com

Maids annual vacation pay

Latest post on 17 July 2016 - 21:07
Hello ladies, my maid is going for a months vacation. I know legally we have to pay for their air ticket, but what about salary... You require to pay a months salary, yes? I am a little confused, as I have heard you do pay a months salary plus a months holiday pay as well as the air ticket. Please advise. Many thanks :thinking: Ask yourself this: Does your husband get an additional month's salary when he takes his annual holiday? No...I suspect he gets the time off as well as his regular salary paid for that month. No, you don't pay a "13th salary" as standard practice. Some might but most do not If you wish to pay end of service gratuity on her basic salary (21 days to 30 days salary per year worked) at the end of her time working for you...that is very generous and not legally expected for domestic helpers. Personally, I plan to offer an end of service gratuity to my helper but not until she has completed a second contract year. From that point, I will pay a bonus equal to 2 months salary at the end of every two years. Paying it out versus holding it back it designed to keep her from resigning just to get access to her gratuity money. That way, everyone wins.
Latest post on 17 July 2016 - 20:56
Thanks debliz thought as much X
Latest post on 17 July 2016 - 19:09
I would be willing to hazard a guess that you heard about the "double" payment from a maid or similar. No, they get their return air ticket and payment for their month's holiday. Do you know anybody else who gets paid twice for a month's work/holiday? I somehow doubt it.
Latest post on 17 July 2016 - 18:09
Hello ladies, my maid is going for a months vacation. I know legally we have to pay for their air ticket, but what about salary... You require to pay a months salary, yes? I am a little confused, as I have heard you do pay a months salary plus a months holiday pay as well as the air ticket. Please advise. Many thanks :thinking:

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY