Potential move to Qatar from Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Potential move to Qatar from Dubai

Latest post on 21 July 2016 - 10:27

Hi

I hope you maybe able to give some advice, we are a couple who are in their early 50's who have lived and worked in Dubai for the past 10 years, we have adult children who will be staying in Dubai, my husband has the opportunity to take up a new role in Qatar, we have a few questions .... I have had some replies on the Qatar forum but none from anyone who has made the move from Dubai to Qatar so it was suggested I post here to.

are there any of you that have done the same move and are enjoying Qatar

did any of you take your Dubai car over to Qatar and re register there?

Do we need to have our marriage certificate attested and notarized for Qatar, (already done for UAE)

we currently live in an apartment on the Palm in Dubai, is their comparable in Qatar, we would probably be looking for a furnished place this time round, or serviced apartment, any recommendations greatly received.

We have been told to ask for a multi exit visa what is the difference, do we need his employers permission to exit the country every time we wish to travel, even for a weekend to see the kids in Dubai, I will be sponsored by my husband.

I will be giving up my job here in Dubai if we come across, I am guessing it is not easy to find admin roles?

is there anything we need to consider when making our decision?

TIA

Latest post on 08 August 2016 - 16:29
Hi, I've moved both ways, to Dubai from Qatar and from Qatar to Dubai.. You can take your car, but check regulations in Qatar for paper work needed.The Pearl is a nice place to live, but no longer has an alcohol license in restaurants, so not so popular amongst expats. You can get serviced apartments, try FortyFour west bay( lived there for 2 years) Kempinski hotel and other hotels have serviced apartments too. However, choose your residence according to where your husband will be working as driving is terrible at rush times. Tuesday ladies group meets alternate Tuesdays at Radisson Blu hotel and the ladies there will be full of info and help when you arrive. Dress restrictions a bit tighter than Dubai too, sleeveless not the norm, so advisable to be prepared for that too.
Latest post on 21 July 2016 - 13:26
Hi Kentish girl I have lived in Qatar so can answer a couple of your questions. We loved Qatar however it can take some getting used to for some people .yes you will need your marriage certificate attesting for Qatar however guidelines may have changed since we were there 3 yrs ago.Area most like the Palm would be the Pearl.As like Dubai it's not common to find furnished accomadation but there is some.A multi exit visa is given by employers so yes you need to ask for one for your husband. You will be able to come and go as you like as I presume you will be under your husbands sponsor. However your husband will have to get permission from his employer each time even to Dubai unless he has a multi visa.Lots of expats work in Qatar as admin think you would find it easier to get a job there than Dubai.If you have any other questions I will try to help ?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY