Cleaning company | ExpatWoman.com

Cleaning company

Latest post on 24 July 2016 - 10:18

Has anyone had issues with the maids sent by a cleaning company damaging their furniture? I complained about one maid who did a few things like chipping furniture, denting it etc. They sent a replacement and on the third visit she took a big chunk out of the coffee table - obviously with the vacuum cleaner. Cleaning company denying all responsibility! I could say I was unlucky with one, but two on the trot!

Latest post on 19 January 2017 - 16:17
Skyfall, I feel the same as you, I have had 3 different maids from 3 different agencies in the past month and each company refused to take any responsibility or even to respond to complaints I made. The first one broke two vacuum cleaners and left without telling me, the second one chipped my wood table and bookshelf leaving gaping holes in them and the third one took an hour to iron 4 t-shirts and broke the iron. All the agencies responded by saying that they would send a replacement lady the next time, which frustrates me as I really don't have the time to train a new person each time. And all the agencies are well known professional agencies charging premium. I am now completely frustrated with them and am just going to do the cleaning myself!
Latest post on 19 January 2017 - 12:38
I had the same issues and used cleaning ladies from professional cleaning companies. Regardless of asking for the same person each week I was sent a different lady for 6 weeks, had to tell all to be careful etc, was left with the following: completely destroyed wood table as they sprayed a very harsh chemical on it assigned for bathroom cleaning (!), damaged art work as they leaned on it, damaged hoover as they simply didn't take enough care of it, rug with holes in it as they forgot the hoover on it for too long apparently, iron broken as they dropped it. This is one of the so called ''best professional cleaning companies in Dubai others recommend. I also 'trained' all individuals prior to them starting the cleaning! It honestly is down to pure luck if you manage to find someone who is very good and takes care of your flat and belongings as well as you do. I am thinking of cleaning the flat myself, not great BUT too many damaged goods in such a short period of time with not a single person or manager wanting to pay up or take any responsibility.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY