Left as 3 now moving back as a family 6! | ExpatWoman.com

Left as 3 now moving back as a family 6!

Latest post on 26 July 2016 - 05:13

So here we go again! We left Dubai for Perth in 2012 and things are now dire in Perth and we have an opportunity to move back has come.
We left as a couple with 1 dog and return with 2 dogs and 2 kids aged 1 and 3!

Obviously it will be very different living in Dubai with kids. We are looking at Arabian Ranches as an area to live in. IS there an area you love?
Has anybody left and come back again. I am sick with worry, nerves and not sure if I am excited or not!!

Latest post on 06 August 2016 - 11:07
Thank you so much for all your replies. We are in shock that Boxers have been added to list of banned dogs as sadly that is one of the dogs we have. Not sure what is going to happen as I just can not leave one of my dogs behind. We fought so hard to get our bulldog on a flight to Australia and its like a nightmare again. Could you let him go to a friend or relation and then have him back later when you leave Dubai?
Latest post on 02 August 2016 - 03:58
Thank you so much for all your replies. We are in shock that Boxers have been added to list of banned dogs as sadly that is one of the dogs we have. Not sure what is going to happen as I just can not leave one of my dogs behind. We fought so hard to get our bulldog on a flight to Australia and its like a nightmare again.
Latest post on 27 July 2016 - 19:30
maybe you'll be needing a nanny for your kids, 0523419179
Latest post on 27 July 2016 - 11:44
Good luck with the move. Maybe worth considering which school your kids will attend and then decide which area to live in? Lots of new areas and lots of new schools!
Latest post on 27 July 2016 - 11:26
Would say the Ranches is still as good as anywhere for kids and dogs! Loads of people leave and come back - this site is not as active as it used to be though. What was wrong with Perth - a dream destination for many? I second that. The Ranches is still an ideal community for families with kids and animals although you might want to consider Arabian Ranches 2. Although the community is still not complete, most of the amenities are in place and the villas are going for considerably cheaper than Ranches 1. Good luck with your move!!!
Latest post on 27 July 2016 - 06:33
So here we go again! We left Dubai for Perth in 2012 and things are now dire in Perth and we have an opportunity to move back has come. We left as a couple with 1 dog and return with 2 dogs and 2 kids aged 1 and 3! Obviously it will be very different living in Dubai with kids. We are looking at Arabian Ranches as an area to live in. IS there an area you love? Has anybody left and come back again. I am sick with worry, nerves and not sure if I am excited or not!! The Lakes is also a good place for families with kids and animals. We have just come back to Dubai after 8 years away. It feels more expensive, although the property rentals seem to be similar to 8 years ago. 4 bed house in the Lakes, AED310,000. Electricity and Water have increased in price. My advice would be to bring as much as you can in regard to the house, furniture, beds and bedding, small and large electrics (washing machine, dryer, dishwasher). All probably cost more here than you would spend at home. Dubai is still a great place to live, just expensive.
Latest post on 27 July 2016 - 05:16
The work has just dried up here. We love it and will rent our house and hopefully come back.
Latest post on 26 July 2016 - 11:18
Would say the Ranches is still as good as anywhere for kids and dogs! Loads of people leave and come back - this site is not as active as it used to be though. What was wrong with Perth - a dream destination for many?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY