left alone home barking dog drives neighbours crazy | ExpatWoman.com

left alone home barking dog drives neighbours crazy

Latest post on 28 July 2016 - 16:10

a neighbour is leaving his small dog all day alone at home. Seems he is locking the dog in the dark bathroom and then goes to work... the dog starts barking for hours. We can hear it clearly and it is very very annoying. Even fridays or saturday it happens. We contacted security and they gave several warnings and everytime this guy promise it will not happen again....but it does.

What kind of person is that? how can you have a dog and then not care? I would like to put this guy in a small bathroom ...dark...for hours. Wonder how he would feel.
the climate here is not good for pets in general but how bad is this person treating his pet like that? If you have to leave your dog alone all day and there is nobody to take care don't buy a dog here....

Is there nothing that can be done? Any organisations here that care about pets?

The loud barking is annoying us, that we live exactly over his apartment, especially as it is our bed room where we here it is the loudest... I am sure the neighbour the side can hear the barking clearly as well.

Latest post on 29 July 2016 - 11:50
I had this problem in Springs a couple of years ago whereby somebody a few doors down from me was leaving about three dogs in the garden and at times I could hear them fighting - it was a really distressing time. I reported it several times to security who knocked on the door a few times. It stopped for a while and then started back up again after a few weeks later. I was then given a contact for Emaar Community Management whereby I was then told to make a log of reporting this six more times to security and then forward this to the management which I did but unfortunately I was leaving Dubai and could obviously never follow this up. I was only in that particular community a year but apparently this barking had been going on for two years previous and nobody had ever done anything in that time. As you can see the process takes time but maybe you should just go straight to contacting Dubai Municipality or put a letter under your neighbour's door. Good luck...
Latest post on 28 July 2016 - 16:16
a neighbour is leaving his small dog all day alone at home. Seems he is locking the dog in the dark bathroom and then goes to work... the dog starts barking for hours. We can hear it clearly and it is very very annoying. Even fridays or saturday it happens. We contacted security and they gave several warnings and everytime this guy promise it will not happen again....but it does. What kind of person is that? how can you have a dog and then not care? I would like to put this guy in a small bathroom ...dark...for hours. Wonder how he would feel. the climate here is not good for pets in general but how bad is this person treating his pet like that? If you have to leave your dog alone all day and there is nobody to take care don't buy a dog here.... Is there nothing that can be done? Any organisations here that care about pets? The loud barking is annoying us, that we live exactly over his apartment, especially as it is our bed room where we here it is the loudest... I am sure the neighbour the side can hear the barking clearly as well. In this country, people don't take security seriously, hence the barking dog is still barking. Best way forward is to meet with the neighbor directly informing him of the issue and you can also suggest options such as daycare or leaving the dog with the tele or music on (mental stimulation). If it still happens, the sadly this doggy needs to be taken away from such an irresponsible owner. Contact Dubai Municipality as a last resort.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY