Leaving kids in the car!!!!! | ExpatWoman.com

Leaving kids in the car!!!!!

Latest post on 31 July 2016 - 08:42

Over the weekend there was an incident in a car park... We were stood outside nearby, when a young girl and even younger boy came running out between the cars screaming and crying

My friend headed over to calm them down and ask where their mother was..

She'd left them in the car for 45 minutes (we stayed until she came back) - with the engine running and A/C on, and the doors left open - so she could go and do some paperwork apparently, so the girl said

They were both terrified, crying and wanted their mum to come back

Of course, the mother after some time came wandering out and was surprised when we told them they had run out into the car park, crying looking for her. I then made a point of telling her "you should never leave them in the car alone" to which her reply was "oh really" then gets into the car

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

WHY in this day and age are there parents who risk the chance

Imagine if we had not been there and those kids were in the car park and some silly fast driver passed by. Gosh!

Latest post on 31 July 2016 - 21:20
Under Wadeema's law, the new child protection law you must absolutely report people for such actions! The police have actually said we are ALL responsible for keeping children safe and that we have a duty to report such incidents. The Child Abuse Hotline number is: 1 161 11
Latest post on 31 July 2016 - 16:39
I think it's downright illegal now, you can actually get arrested on the spot according to my friend who was told by a policeman recently...
Latest post on 31 July 2016 - 09:53
That is shocking! I'm sure you can report people like that to the police - this is just negligent behavior that can result in horrible accidents. Why dont parents just take their kids inside with them?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY