Unmarried couple with a baby moving to Kuwait | ExpatWoman.com

Unmarried couple with a baby moving to Kuwait

Latest post on 27 September 2016 - 14:46
Im living in kuwait and i want to ask what are the requirements for muslim marriage..i was divorse to my non muslim husband under sharia law in philippines..and now im planning to marry a muslim man here in kuwait..i want to know what are the procedures and requirements?i hope somebody can help me for this concern.
Latest post on 02 August 2016 - 15:58
Thank you so much for replying. I have seen a few comments on other forums where people have said they got their own working visas and we're living together without being married but i think we might have to put a pin in moving until we're married Emma xx
Latest post on 02 August 2016 - 03:23
I don't know from where you are getting your 'mixed' responses from. Being unmarried and living together in a conservative place like kuwait is a big no no. That part would come next.first of all your partner would not be able to sponsor you or even get your papers processed without a properly attested marriage certificate. That's the first thing they ask for, for processing a family visa. There are million other places i can think of where you would need your marriage certificate to get things done in kuwait. So don't take that piece of paper lightly if you want to move to kuwait with your partner.
Latest post on 01 August 2016 - 14:31
Hi, we are hopefully moving to Kuwait before Xmas and we are not married, I know it is the law that we have to be married to live together (we also have a 3 yr old) however depending on who I speak to I am getting mixed responses how strict this rule actually is?? Where is best to look for accommodation unmarried? My other half said we will just get married no probs but it's taking the romance out of it so I really want to wait till we don't 'need' to, only women seem to understand what I mean ????? Any thoughts/advice ladies?? Emma xx