RTA Ladies Taxi | ExpatWoman.com

RTA Ladies Taxi

Latest post on 09 August 2016 - 08:08

What's the point of a ladies taxi if you can't book them in advance? I called RTA to book one but am being told they can't guarantee. Any suggestions as to how to arrange a pink taxi in advance?

Latest post on 22 August 2016 - 09:05
Something I advise all my friends to do is make a phone call as soon as they're in the taxi to say "just letting you know I'm in the taxi, will be home/there/with you etc in XX minutes". if it's late at night and I'm going home to an empty house I'll do a fake call or I'll call the person I've just left. I also always sit in the back. As an alternative über are great and you can now pay for the trip in cash (before it was paid by the credit card registered to the account), and you get a picture of the driver, his name and car before he does the pickup. We avoid the pink taxis wherever possible because sadly they're perpetuating the myth that women can't drive!
Latest post on 21 August 2016 - 13:57
Download the RTA smart taxi app. You usually get a hala taxi and I usually find their drivers are better and more professional than the normal taxis. You also get the taxi driver's name and taxi number and he will usually phone to confirm pick up location so you will then also have their phone number. All adds up to better security. Forgot to say that if you use the RTA app for Smart Taxi you get the option to rate your Hala driver and leave comments.
Latest post on 10 August 2016 - 13:48
Why not use Careem instetad of RTA, at least then you have the car registration number and drivers name for your piece of mind. .
Latest post on 10 August 2016 - 08:13
Hi, If our 16 year old daughter needs to get a taxi alone, she is not allowed to flag one down anywhere! She has to stand in Q ( no matter how long ! ) Then before sitting in she takes a picture of the taxi number and the reg ( making sure the taxi driver can see her ) then sends it to me. When on the road I ring her and she repeats the taxi number ,color , reg and whereabouts she is on the road.
Latest post on 09 August 2016 - 17:31
Download the RTA smart taxi app. You usually get a hala taxi and I usually find their drivers are better and more professional than the normal taxis. You also get the taxi driver's name and taxi number and he will usually phone to confirm pick up location so you will then also have their phone number. All adds up to better security.
Latest post on 09 August 2016 - 11:44
One drove me back from the airport in the new year She too traversed all the lanes on SZR and sat in the fast lane doing 80KM She also had her phone tucked between her ear and Hijab and spent most of the journey chatting on the phone. I didn't have the strength to tell her to stop using her phone as had just got off a night flight and was shattered
Latest post on 09 August 2016 - 11:22
Thanks ladies, point well taken. I thought pink would be better for a 16 year old girl. I'll go with a regular one.
Latest post on 09 August 2016 - 10:04
I'd just go with a normal taxi. The lady drivers are bonkers. Hi hi, the only times I got the pink ones usually from the airport the driving has been a bit erratic and last time the lady driver had her handbag at the passenger seat floor, so had to sit careful not to kick it, I was too tired to say anything. For the past three years me and my hubby have copped for a pink taxi from the airport. The one last year drove us home (all the way to Jebel Ali) in the outer lane at 80km/hour. Then there's the awkwardness of watching them lug the heavy cases out of the boot. We always tell them we can do it ourselves but they insist.
Latest post on 09 August 2016 - 08:16
I'd just go with a normal taxi. The lady drivers are bonkers. Hi hi, the only times I got the pink ones usually from the airport the driving has been a bit erratic and last time the lady driver had her handbag at the passenger seat floor, so had to sit careful not to kick it, I was too tired to say anything.
Latest post on 09 August 2016 - 08:12
I'd just go with a normal taxi. The lady drivers are bonkers.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY