Give up job in Cape Town. Move to Dubai & search for job? Confused / Concerned. We need 2 incomes. (Hubby already working, living in Dubai) | ExpatWoman.com

Give up job in Cape Town. Move to Dubai & search for job? Confused / Concerned. We need 2 incomes. (Hubby already working, living in Dubai)

Latest post on 17 August 2016 - 22:05

Good Evening Ladies, I nead some advice. My Hubby has been working and living in Dubai since November 2015. I am still residing in our home country. (South Africa)
I am currently job hunting online but no luck yet.

Would I be totally crazy to consider relocating to Dubai December 2016 with out having a job? I figured if I sell my vehicle I am covered financially for debit orders and expenses for about 5 months.

I really need some input here as emotionally I am a mess. I love Dubai and that's where I want to be. I want to be with my Hubby.

Unemployment is a reality in our home country - so it is a case of me starting from nothing again should I resign my current job and not find a job in Dubai. :brokenheart::cry:

Latest post on 29 August 2016 - 20:24
There is a site on face book called " Dubai jobz " where a number of organizations are advertising lobs.
Latest post on 23 August 2016 - 10:29
Have you looked through the 76 page thread on the site www.expatforum.com called "How to find a job in Dubai..."? It might give you some ideas/thought. There are fewer people in Dubai in August because of the hot weather and expatwoman is not as active as it used to be. I heard IKEA in Dubai had some jobs at the moment but this may not suit you. Another thing - if you work some where like IKEA you would probably need your own car as it is not near public transport.
Latest post on 21 August 2016 - 12:59
Good Day. Hubby works for a well established company & he gets accomodation allowamce. He has his own flat. I have 13 years Administration experience and has a higher certificate in accounting. I currently work as Financial Administratior for Architect / Concept Designer. I just cannot handle being away from my Hubby. I fell in love with Dubai.
Latest post on 18 August 2016 - 12:03
Sorry to learn of your situation. You do not say what work you do. If you let EW know you might get more replies. What are your qualifications and years experience? It is generally known finding a job from random in Dubai is very difficult. These are not boom times. .People are being let go. Have you search/ asked employment agencies? Your financial situation appears very weak so to take this plunge seems risky for you. Is your husband;s job very, very secure ? I presume your DH can get a Visa for you.and has his own accommodation in Dubai. Could you just live together very frugally and hope for the best ? Good luck!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY