Car Accident Court Case Advice | ExpatWoman.com

Car Accident Court Case Advice

Latest post on 22 August 2016 - 13:20
He has insurance and my car has been fixed without any cost to me however now my neck is injured and I have had to pay for medical treatment etc. I want him to cover these expenses & get some compensation as I don't know how long I will suffer with this pain. Those are covered under 3rd party liability by his insurance. My friend was in an accident & the 2nd party was hospitalized , all expenses were covered by insurance, he paid public liability to the court but not the treatment expenses, all expenses are covered by the insurance up to 1 mil Dhs, check with your insurance for details if you have comprehensive insurance
Latest post on 22 August 2016 - 11:26
He has insurance and my car has been fixed without any cost to me however now my neck is injured and I have had to pay for medical treatment etc. I want him to cover these expenses & get some compensation as I don't know how long I will suffer with this pain.
Latest post on 22 August 2016 - 10:10
Does he have insurance? This all should be covered by his car insurance. You don't do anything in those cases, you just provide your reports & wait for the court order
Latest post on 21 August 2016 - 15:18
As complainant you don't need a lawyer, the complained against needs the lawyer, the man wants to settle the matter before it reach the courts system, some cases could result badly for the complain against; it could reach evoking his driving license, fine and possibly a jail time... So that's why now he is being nice and reaching for a settlement. If you don't want the matter reach courts; you need to get your insurance documents to get him pay for all the damages. Or you can wait until you get a court order against him, then get a civil case to pay for the damages. HTH
Latest post on 21 August 2016 - 14:26
Thanks Fairy Dust, it's not a civil case though so I don't need a lawyer or anything do I? It's just traffic court. So hard to find information
Latest post on 21 August 2016 - 14:15
He might well want an out of court settlement, as to drag it through the court if he loses, he'll end up paying your costs as well. If you don't want to meet him, just say he needs to contact you through legal channels.
Latest post on 21 August 2016 - 13:47
Hi All, Just looking for some advice from anyone who has had any experience in the past. I had a car accident over 2 weeks ago and now have whiplash. I went back to the police with my hospital report etc and filed a case against the guy who hit me. They gave me a document for the court etc and told me to go to traffic court when I return from my vacation. The police rang me last week to say that the guy came in to give his statement but wants to meet me. I don't want to as he was aggressive and I am away now. Anybody have any experience of how traffic court works or how a case like this works? Thanks in advance S

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY