Dental Crown Price | ExpatWoman.com

Dental Crown Price

Latest post on 24 August 2016 - 18:24

Sorry ladies can anyone please give me an approximate cost for a crown here? Just been quoted 4700 which I do think is pretty steep. Are there other options rather than porcelain crowns here?
Any suggestions with best prices and best places to go I would be so grateful.
TIA

Latest post on 04 September 2016 - 15:52
I have actually just found out that it is not a crown but a 'cap' which to me is something different although I am told that is what they call them all now. So no root canal required its just to protect the tooth as most of it is filling but doesn't require a root canal. When I said oh yes you mean a cap not a crown the lady said well its the same thing. So the price is the same. Is it the same? Am I behind the times here? :confused: hi seasand, yes cap and crown are the same ('A crown is a porcelain 'cap' that fits over the entire surface of the tooth'). they are really pricey in Dubai. price can be from 2000 to 5000 or even higher depending on the clinic.
Latest post on 25 August 2016 - 11:08
Don't know what a cap is but DH got a crown over one of his teeth and it was 2000 dhs for Crown only (not covered by insurance) rest of the treatment was covered . We paid this price at a jumeirah beach road clinic (near sunset mall) so I am assuming 2000 dhs must be near the top end of the price range for a crown. Can't remember what the material was but it was good. If it's a crown you are getting then keep in mind your existing tooth would be filed down quite a lot to be a place holder for the Crown. Hope your dentist discussed that with you?
Latest post on 24 August 2016 - 19:31
I have actually just found out that it is not a crown but a 'cap' which to me is something different although I am told that is what they call them all now. So no root canal required its just to protect the tooth as most of it is filling but doesn't require a root canal. When I said oh yes you mean a cap not a crown the lady said well its the same thing. So the price is the same. Is it the same? Am I behind the times here? :confused:
Latest post on 24 August 2016 - 19:15
Hi seasand. Is that for the crown and fitting it only, or does that include root canal treatment? My insurance paid for root canal and preparation of my mouth, but I had to pay for crown separately. That was around AED3000 with one year guarantee.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY