Working Moms | ExpatWoman.com

Working Moms

Latest post on 25 August 2016 - 09:34

Hello Ladies ,

I may return work , I have 16 months old baby ,

want to know if he will attend nursery I heard that thay may get sick a lot :(
is there any thing should be done to help in reducing the sickness frequency .

if he got sick and I'm at work , cant take a leave , what will you do , bring an hourly baby sitter fro example ? , what other options ? ,, is there are nurseries provide services for baby sitting in that conditions ?

Latest post on 25 August 2016 - 14:16
I agree, you need a full time nanny, else it's quite diificult. When I returned to work my daughter was 11 months old and got sick every 3-4 weeks pretty much. We had no nanny and I had zero flexibility in my job and couldnt take days off or even leave early, but thankfully my husband had flexible timings so was able to stay home with her those days. There are also the half-term and end of term breaks at nurseries, and sometimes they wont have a holiday camp to send the kids to, so again you'll need someone home with them.
Latest post on 25 August 2016 - 12:06
Hi. At the beginning they will get sick from time to time. But then they build up resistance which means they hardly get sick when older and at school. When they are sick you cannot send them to nursery. If they have a fever or anything contagious like eye infection etc they will ask you to come and collect them and not return until child is better. This is where you need a flexible job. In first year at nursery when my daughter was sick for a day or 2 ,I would take leave or my husband and I would take turns each. We both have jobs that allow us to work from home so that was also a good solution. If you don't have a flexible employer, then you really need a nanny at home to cover when child is sick. Maybe you could consider paying for 2 or 3 days at nursery and having nanny at home also. She could do housework when child at nursery and babysit when he is at home? I wouldn't hire an hourly babysitter to take care of my sick child. If they are sick and upset they need to be with someone they know like parents or full time nanny. You have to find best solution for you and your family but definitely make sure you have some cover options for the sick days...

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY