Is it normal? (a landlord issue) | ExpatWoman.com

Is it normal? (a landlord issue)

Latest post on 29 August 2016 - 12:44
Remember that even if the landlord wants to sell, the new Owner must give 12 Months notice for you to vacate if he/she is buying it to move in. If they are buying as an investment, then the contract and terms must remain the same as now i.e no increase, or less cheques etc....
Latest post on 28 August 2016 - 21:45
No he does not have the right to send anyone without prior agreement. I have heard variety of experiences. Some are good and some are not so. Handle carefully.
Latest post on 28 August 2016 - 17:14
Well no, he doesn't have the right to send anyone around without prior arrangement and agreement with her. People can't just turn up whenever they feel like it. No one has that right, not even the owner or the police. The tenant dictates when people come. Also remind her that if he wants the place empty to sell, he has to send her a 12 months vacation notice. Normally they have to request 48 hours beforehand to send anyone round.
Latest post on 28 August 2016 - 16:49
A friend of mine complained about the landlord who keeps on sending the maintenance team to fix things in the apartment. Apparently he wants to sell his property and that's why trying to fix old problems (which he ignored while they have moved in and mentioned to him when discovered). He sent 3 different maintenance teams to inspect (to get a competitive quotation, I assume). And when my friend told him she is not feeling comfortable with all these guys coming in and sometimes without prior notice, he told him he has rights to do fixing as per law. On top of that every other day real estate agent keeps on brining people for viewing and she doesn't know what to do since her hubby in business trip and she is there with small children. So is this normal for landlord to fix/do maintenance work (which has not been requested by tenants!) as per law?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY